Radisson at The University of Toledo
$99
$89
Park Inn
  • Restaurant
Red Roof Inn Toledo - University(Toledo)(Great Value!)
$49
Quality Inn(Toledo)
$76
$129
Orbitz.com
All reviewsmedical centermedical schoolhealth sciencespool and hot tubrestaurant barfront desk staffrooms are cleanbusiness tripeasy accessking bedstaff was friendlyparking lotuniversitynormanglendalekaimart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here recently for a business trip and had fantastic service from everyone from check in, to restaurant and bar staff, and staff who took us on errands and a night out on the town. Our room was not ready when we arrived and they took our bags for us and sent us to get a couple of free drinks and appetizers while we waited. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area. The price was fair for the service we received!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Staying here with my sister who has an appt at the nearby medical center. This was a great choice-location and room quality! The quoted room rate was $119 per night, but we got a huge discount with medical appt. The medical rate for the room was only $79.00 per night. Definitely a good deal for the caliber of this room. The Hilton Staff we encountered we're all friendly and efficient. The bellhop was very nice and personable and especially helpful. He gave us a map, without asking, to show us where we were in relation to the medical center. After he brought our luggage to the room, he shared a funny dog show story with me when I mentioned I show dogs. I liked that he obviously enjoyed interacting with the clients he is serving. The room was clean, large and smelled fine (we ask for a nonsmoking room and this one definitely is:). The beds were recently updated and are Very comfy with four top quality pillows on each bed ( I am in heaven because I like lots of pillows.) and high quality linens and covers. WIFI Internet is free, easy to connect to, and and fast! (I have stayed at other places that offered complimentary WIFI that either didn't actually work or, if it did, was slow!). Microwave and fridge are nice to have. Only complaint was the drain in the bathtub. My sister was looking forward to a leisurely bath (her leg is bandaged so she couldn't take a shower) after traveling before her doctor's appointment, and the drain did not seal to hold the water in the tub:-(. I reported the problem. Other than that, very happy with our choice of places to stay!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Booked this trip to visit my Husband who has been working long hours and 6-7 days a week in Toledo while I am still at home in St. Louis. I was hoping to give him a restful escape from his much cheaper weekly rate motel, and allow us a chance to spend some much needed time together.

I was dissapointed.

First, when I booked the room, I was given the choice between a bed and breakfast rate or a regular rate - with an 11 dollar differential. I explained to the representative that my husband may not be able to take part in the breakfast as he may have had to work Sunday (and leave prior to the breakfast start time of 7AM) so I wanted to make sure that the breakfast rate would still be a value even if only I could have breakfast. I was told over the phone that the breakfast vouchers had a value of 19.95 each - deal! I said as I picked the breakfast rate. When I arrived however, I learned that the value of each voucher was 9.95 - not the 19.95 I was promised. This ended up not being a big deal because It turned out that my husband could enjoy breakfast with me - but if he had needed to go to work that day I would have been really upset at the false information that was given to me at the time of booking - and paying 11.00 for a 9.00 voucher...

One thing that was really nice about the vouchers was that you could use them for breakfast room service - BUT our room service arrived abould twenty minutes early and we were...ahem...naked in bed (this was after all a reunion weekend between husand and wife)...After my husband hurriedly put on clothes and answered the door after three knocks, the room service delivery person came all the way into the room - from the door to the window while I, naked, was hiding under the covers, rather than handing it off to my husband or bringing a rolling cart like we have had at other hotels.

Within a half hour or so (before 9 AM) the housekeeper knocked on our door to clean the room - we were to check out that day and requested a late check out (1 PM). Now, we had not put the do not disturb sign on the door, but the early knock wasn;t the problem (although it was annoying). I simply find it unacceptable for housekeepers to clean rooms in hotels before check out times or before they have confirmation that the people have checked out. The former guests should simply not have access to a room after it has been cleaned for the next customer. PERIOD. I had vague concerns about the cleanliness of the room when I checked in - water spots on the sink, open toilet seat, water spots on the toilet seat rim, a black hair on a pillow, coffee splatters on the clean disposable coffee cups in the room - but I wiped the concerning spots down and brushed it off...literally trying to just enjoy my weekend with my husband - the early housekeeping call really confirmed my fears that it was possible that my room had not been thouroughly cleaned after the previous guest.

My final bill was 179.00 after taxes. BTW this was the same amount that I spent a year ago on a night on the club level in the Peabody Hotel in Memphis (which included a wine happy hour and breakfast buffet and was a rate booked directly through the hotel) - that was a truly luxurious retreat in a hotel - in an arguably more desirable city. Instead of getting comforts commensurate with that price, I had an outdated TV that cut off the borders of everything that we watched (comical as it was to watch the "face the nation" logo and Bill Clinton's feet - while listening instead of watching an interview about the election - the TVs need to be brought into the present generation). We had a disgustingly damp and musty room - I kept on thinking the floor was wet as I walked around. And a TINY bathroom, my towel couldn't not touch the (possibly not cleaned after the previous guests) toilet while drying off after a shower.

In short, I will be back to Toledo several times over the next few weeks and the Hilton will absolutely not be a part of any future travel plans.

Room Tip: Dont Choose a room here - stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Helen B
Hiltontol, Front Office Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your concerns regarding your recent stay with us. We understand that you had many choices in the Toledo area and are delighted you chose to stay with us. We do apologize that you did not have a positive experience with us as it pertains to your guest room. I have brought those concerns to our housekeeping department. . I understand that cost was of concern and am sharing your feedback with the appropriate members of our team. I apologize for the miscommunication regarding the breakfast value but I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our room service offering. We usually encourage that guests utilize the “Do Not Disturb” sign to avoid disruptions. However, I’ve spoken to our staff about room service and housekeeping best practices so we can make improvements for the future. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will reconsider staying with us. Our passion is exceeding our guest’s expectations daily and to make everyone feel cared for, valued and respected!
Laura Roman
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The room had a damp and muskey smell. Not good feeling! Not tolerable at all for a Hilton property. May want to remove the name Hilton! Ask to be moved to a different rooom and that room was a little better, not much. The lighting was horable, the sheets did not feel or smell fresh. Rooms looked clean, but need an update with the decor.Claim to brew Star Bucks coffee but the rooms had some off brand coffee. Very old. Not enough plugs for laptops and cell phones for Hubby, Baby Girl and Diva thast me.
Just took turns plugging in. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TravelDivastar
Hiltontol, Manager at Radisson at The University of Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your concerns regarding your recent stay with us. We understand that you had many choices in the Toledo area and are delighted you chose to stay with us. We do apologize that you did not have a positive experience with us as it pertains to your guest room. I have brought those concerns to our housekeeping department. Regarding StarBucks in our restaurant we provide fresh brewed every morning, however it is not the brand we provide in our guest rooms. I will agree that as our dependency on technology increases the need for additional outlets does as well. With this in mind without tearing out walls, we have placed in every guest room, desk and bed side lamps that have additional outlets as well as USB ports for your convenience. Our passion is exceeding our guest’s expectations daily and to make everyone feel cared for, valued and respected!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times, and every time it was great. I still have never seen a cleaner hotel! It also got renovated recently so its even better!! The suite is like home! It hasa everything we need. The suite has a living room with a couch that has a pull out bed. The suite even has a bedroom that's separate from the living room! The hotel breakfast is very good, it is better than most would expect. The Hilton also offers amany amenities that are really nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business