Booked this trip to visit my Husband who has been working long hours and 6-7 days a week in Toledo while I am still at home in St. Louis. I was hoping to give him a restful escape from his much cheaper weekly rate motel, and allow us a chance to spend some much needed time together.
I was dissapointed.
First, when I booked the room, I was given the choice between a bed and breakfast rate or a regular rate - with an 11 dollar differential. I explained to the representative that my husband may not be able to take part in the breakfast as he may have had to work Sunday (and leave prior to the breakfast start time of 7AM) so I wanted to make sure that the breakfast rate would still be a value even if only I could have breakfast. I was told over the phone that the breakfast vouchers had a value of 19.95 each - deal! I said as I picked the breakfast rate. When I arrived however, I learned that the value of each voucher was 9.95 - not the 19.95 I was promised. This ended up not being a big deal because It turned out that my husband could enjoy breakfast with me - but if he had needed to go to work that day I would have been really upset at the false information that was given to me at the time of booking - and paying 11.00 for a 9.00 voucher...
One thing that was really nice about the vouchers was that you could use them for breakfast room service - BUT our room service arrived abould twenty minutes early and we were...ahem...naked in bed (this was after all a reunion weekend between husand and wife)...After my husband hurriedly put on clothes and answered the door after three knocks, the room service delivery person came all the way into the room - from the door to the window while I, naked, was hiding under the covers, rather than handing it off to my husband or bringing a rolling cart like we have had at other hotels.
Within a half hour or so (before 9 AM) the housekeeper knocked on our door to clean the room - we were to check out that day and requested a late check out (1 PM). Now, we had not put the do not disturb sign on the door, but the early knock wasn;t the problem (although it was annoying). I simply find it unacceptable for housekeepers to clean rooms in hotels before check out times or before they have confirmation that the people have checked out. The former guests should simply not have access to a room after it has been cleaned for the next customer. PERIOD. I had vague concerns about the cleanliness of the room when I checked in - water spots on the sink, open toilet seat, water spots on the toilet seat rim, a black hair on a pillow, coffee splatters on the clean disposable coffee cups in the room - but I wiped the concerning spots down and brushed it off...literally trying to just enjoy my weekend with my husband - the early housekeeping call really confirmed my fears that it was possible that my room had not been thouroughly cleaned after the previous guest.
My final bill was 179.00 after taxes. BTW this was the same amount that I spent a year ago on a night on the club level in the Peabody Hotel in Memphis (which included a wine happy hour and breakfast buffet and was a rate booked directly through the hotel) - that was a truly luxurious retreat in a hotel - in an arguably more desirable city. Instead of getting comforts commensurate with that price, I had an outdated TV that cut off the borders of everything that we watched (comical as it was to watch the "face the nation" logo and Bill Clinton's feet - while listening instead of watching an interview about the election - the TVs need to be brought into the present generation). We had a disgustingly damp and musty room - I kept on thinking the floor was wet as I walked around. And a TINY bathroom, my towel couldn't not touch the (possibly not cleaned after the previous guests) toilet while drying off after a shower.
In short, I will be back to Toledo several times over the next few weeks and the Hilton will absolutely not be a part of any future travel plans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Suburban Hotel located at The University of Toledo Medical Center/Health Science Campus. Hotel amenities include complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, a fitness center, direct access to The Morse Wellness Center, an indoor pool and whirlpool, a 24-hour business center, and 14,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space. The hotel offers a variety of room types from king guestrooms, to junior and presidential suites. Onsite dining at 31Hundred offers modern American cuisine, created with fresh regional ingredients, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel is conveniently located in the center of Toledo’s metropolitan area and 11 miles from Toledo Express Airport. Nearby is the Seagate Convention Center, Toledo Zoo, Fifth Third Field – Mud Hens Stadium, Owens Community College, Toledo Botanical Gardens and Levis Commons Town Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Carlson, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson at The University of Toledo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Toledo Hotel Toledo
- Hilton Hotel Toledo
- Toledo Hilton Hotel
- Radisson At The University Of Toledo Ohio