“Good place to stay”
Review of Park Inn Toledo

Park Inn Toledo
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I named my own price on Priceline.com for a 3-star hotel, and this hotel is what I got. At first I was scared because the reviews were poor. However, the hotel was very nice, clean, and comfortable. We had a nice view of the river from our room. If I had to go to downtown Toledo again, I would stay here. The only problems I had were: 1) there was no pool, and 2) the area around the hotel was like a ghost town. The high rise hotel next door was vacant as well as many of the buildings and shops in the surrounding area. We thought a walk by the river would be nice. The view was nice, but the grassy areas and benches next to the river were occupied by homeless people. We were the only people walking by the river, even though it was a beautiful summer evening. As a matter of fact, there were no people out anywhere except the homeless and those at the mudhens baseball game next to the hotel. If it wasn't for that team, downtown Toledo would be dead. Other than the hotels restaurant, which looked very nice, there were no restaurants close by. I rated the sleep quality as "average" only because we had a room with two double beds and the bed was too small for both my husband and I to be comfortable. The TV was an older model that did not get good reception. Again, though, my husband and I liked the hotel. I think the appropriate rating for this hotel should have been 2 stars.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ramadabrandon, Manager at Park Inn Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Our downtown area does have many other offereings besides the Mud Hens. Not far from the hotel is a burgenoing Art District with many restaurants and even a candle outlet. Just a short distance from there is the Libbey Glass Outlet and we would be happy to offer you a quick shuttle to the Toledo Art Museum, which many consider to be a world class facility. If you should stay with us again, we would be glad to give you a local map that shows exactly what our downtown has to offer.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were on the 6th floor. The hall way carpeting was absolutely filthy. The carpet stains in our room were absolutely appalling, disgusting, deplorable, awful. The sheets, hopefully, were washed, but they along with the blanket had stains that simply did not come out. They have a policy that no clean sheets until after 3 days of use. AMAZING. I did request another set after two days, which I did receive. Would I stay here again? NEVER, NEVER!!

Room Tip: It is my understanding that rooms on the higher floors have been refurbished
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank C532BURKM1
ramadabrandon, Manager at Park Inn Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

I am sorry to hear that your stay did not go as planned. I think you may be confused about our water conservation effort here. We do not in fact have a policy that states that we will only change sheets after 3 days. I would consider it a pleasure if you would contact me so that I may better explain it to you directly. We thank you for your time.
Rooms DIvision Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Location is great for a Mudhens game. Only one block, so it's perfect. The hotel lobby is super nice and clean. Our check-in was muddled with issues. We bought a package on-line that included a $20 food credit and free parking. Both of these add on's were missed in check in; we had to get our bill fixed because they charged us for the parking and had to call down and make a special trip down to get our credit voucher for the food.
The room was old and outdated. It smelled like smoke. Where we are from, there is a smoking ban. Not sure what the policy is in Ohio, but this room definitely had signs of cigarette smoke. It was listed as non-smoking so I'm not sure what was going on with that. The rooms were clean, the towels were clean, and the sheets were clean. Bathtub was a little gross from age. In general, the rooms need an update really bad. Years of wear and tear are catching up.
The food at the hotel was a major issue. We attended a baseball game on a Sunday night and the bar/restaurant closed at 10 pm. Seems like they should be open later, especially when a game is going on. We ate breakfast the next day and had a major issue. My daughter found a long, thick, black hair in her scrambled eggs. Sure enough, the cook was an older gentlemen with a ponytail. No hair nets needed in Ohio??? Totally grossed us all out. Our waitress was great, though. She felt so bad about that hair and was a little grossed out herself. She did not charge us for the food and even brought my daughter out some french toast. The damage was done, though. None of us could finish our meal after that. It was also awkward because we were the only people in the entire restaurant.
Overall a great location and the staff seemed like the genuinely wanted to do good. Just too many issues for this hotel at this time. Also, no pool so the kids did not enjoy the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing 5/3 park. We did not and got a decent view of the river but would have prefer...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a review. I will be speaking with our Front Office staff so that they better understand what exactly is to be given to a guest that has reserved a special package with us. I would like you to know that our entire facility is non-smoking and I will research your room to make sure any smell has been eliminated.
We are glad you found our location well suited for you and your family. The next time you travel to Toledo, please call me directly. It would be my pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We went to Toledo to see a Mud Hen's game. it is one block from the stadium. We had a great view of the ball park from our window. The hotel is a little outdated, but it was clean enough and the beds were comfortable. I would stay here again. Can't beat the location for a game.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

We are glad to see that our location suited your travel needs. ALot of our guests appreciate our downtown location, not just for our proxiemity to 5/3 Field! We have many places to see in downtown, we encourage all of our potential guests to explore our great city.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel is very average. This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel but it is basically the only option in Downtown Toledo. The hotel is attached to a convention center so you have to pay for parking and they don't even give a discount, $11 a day. Every time we have been there they have had a huge conference group staying there so the lobby and elevators are always packed. The room is your basic hotel room, nothing fancy. The mattresses are old and lumpy and they give you 3 pillows for a king sized bed. The bathroom is old and the tile is stained. The carpet in the room is old and ripping. The room also had a strange cleaning solution smell that I was not very fond of. The only plus to this room was that we had a perfect view of Fifth Third Field. We could watch the Toledo Mud Hens from our hotel room. The staff at the front desk was not very friendly and every time we had to go get our parking ticket validated they acted as if it was a chore they didn't want to do.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vivianlj13

First, I want to assure you tha tI will address any rude activity with our Front Desk staff. At no point should they ever present themselves in any manner except one that provides excellent service. I would also ask you to revisit us in the near future. We are in the midst of a 18 month renovation project, and I would love for you to see out progress. Should your plans include Toledo, I would consider it a pleasure to make your reservation personally.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

It is so unfortunate that downtown Toledo doesn't have enough hotels to choose from.

Front desk staff was excellent. Its unfortunate that they work in such a bad hotel. The carpet was dirty in my room. I turned the spreads back on both beds and there were reddish/orange stains on the very top on the underside of the spread. Bathroom tile was dirty. Big old tvs. The hotel needs to be renovated. Whatever goes on in housekeeping as far as the cleanliness of the beddings needs to be addressed. Only thing new in hotel is towels!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ramadabrandon, Manager at Park Inn Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

I would like to apologize that your stay did not go as well as planned. I will share your comments with our Housekeeping team to ensure your experience is not replicated with our future guests.
You may be happy to learn that we are in the midst of a 18 month long renovation process that includes many of the thing you mentioned. I would consider it a pleasure if you would contact me personally when your travel plans include Toledo again.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel is in a great location however the stain on the carpet and bedding is enough to never return. The rooms were poorly clean the bathroom floor was dirty as well as the carpet in the room. To give some credit I request of the housekeeper to clean the room again and she was nice about it and handle it immediately. Please bring your own breakfast, downstairs in the lobby
You can purchase 1 yogurt for $2 donut for $2-3 and they only take cash. I think the hotel should provide at the very least coffee. This I have never seen before is coffee maker in the bathroom can we say yuck!

• Stayed: July 2012
ramadabrandon, Manager at Park Inn Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Thank you for providing us an honest review of our hotel.
You may be happy to learn that we are in the midst of removing all of our coffee makers from our bathrooms as well as replacing our corridor carpeting in the very near future. I am also going to speak with our Executive Housekeeper about the lack of cleanliness in your room.