“Very nice hotel with a view!”

and 1 more site!
Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Columbus, Ohio
“Very nice hotel with a view!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved staying at this hotel. I was in town on a short business trip and had a meeting here. The rooms are clean and I had an amazing view! When I come to town again, I will for sure be staying here!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rick D, General Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We truly appreciate your business, and comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Our rowing team stayed overnight last weekend and reported a wonderful stay. The staff was incredibly accommodating with our multiple room changes and requests and did everything they could to help us have a smooth event. We would return again next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Janice132013
Rick D, General Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Janice
I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay!! Your group was wonderful. We look forward to your next event with us. Thank you for choosing the Best Western Premier and Toledo Ohio for your event!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The location is okay if you want to be in the heart of downtown. The hotel is right on the water. There is a courtesy shuttle which is convenient to get to restaurants and local attractions. Nothing outstanding here. The service is okay. The pool is very small. The hotel could be better staffed during peak times, which became an issue during my stay. No refrigerators in the room. Beds are good and the pillows seem fresh & full.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GabbyBatonRouge, Public Relations Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Rubytuezday:

Thank you for choosing to visit us during your recent trip to Toledo. We appreciate your opinion so very much and will use it to make sure we are running on all cylinders. We do hope you will return soon.

Safe Travels,
Your Hotel Team
Sylacauga, Alabama
Reviewed September 23, 2013

it's been a long time since I stayed in a Best Western, so I was apprehensive. I got worried when we arrived and discovered that valet parking was all they had, and it was a tight fit. however, after check in, I found my room to be very nice. plenty big, and very clean. I had a great view of the river, and it was quiet. yes, it's an older property, but it was affordable, clean, and located in a central location for my business meetings. i'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Grand Plaza to fill your lodging needs. I am very pleased that your stay was a great one! The views of the river from the guest rooms, truly are beautiful! Thank you for your great comments!
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Car was broken into while parked in their valet parking (the only type of parking available). Which I would of had no problem dealing with except that they completely failed to follow through on any of the promises they made to take care of the situation.

THey did supposedly comp my room because of that, but they also charged me for someone else's room and I've had to file a credit card dispute to take care of it.

Otherwise, room was spacious and clean with great views. However the availability of food is quite lacking and there is no mini-fridge to make up for this. Even more so if you have dietary restrictions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank lilningirl
GabbyBatonRouge, Management Firm at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Please accept our apologies for this highly frustrating situation. We clearly dropped the ball on the portion that we could have controlled (the credit of your room fee). Please let us know if this has been resolved. Do know that your comments have filtered up and we are taking the necessary actions to insure that all of the i's have been dotted and t's crossed as it relates to this unusual occurrence. It is not the norm. We continue to follow up with each guest that has a claim once hearing back from our insurance company. We are at their mercy as it relates to timeliness.

Should there be anything further that we can do for you at this time, do call and ask for the Hotel Manager. We want to make it right.

Many thanks,
Sarah Gagnon
VP of Sales & Marketing
Matrix Hospitality Group
Reviewed September 17, 2013

THIS HOTEL IS AWFUL! I stayed here for a wedding this past weekend and I have never been so frustrated with a hotel stay! Staff was pleasant, rooms were okay but the valet DAMAGED MY VECHILE AND TAKE NO OWNERSHIP! The parking lot is bummer to bummer so you have no choice but to valet. However if you would hard for your money and care of your belongings, STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE! Because they sure don't!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Valerie1130
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My stay here was horrible we had to change rooms 3 times one of my rooms had black stuff coming out the tub y my daughter was bathing smh on top of the fact a young lady didn't clean my room yesterday because she stated my sheets smelled like smoke ??? Whoooo an she didn't even clean my room on the 10th floor the floor was dirty my socks black where as if the rug hadn't been shampooed or vacum in decades valet is poor I woke up this morning to get in my car an my car charger wasn't even in my car I know it was stolen but they said they are not responsible for items left one thing I hate is a thief an liar I'm a minister an do things in my community as well as part time teacher. Some of the staff was friendly an the buffet was great but other than that I wouldn't recommend it the rates are to high a pure rip off.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mmccreary
GabbyBatonRouge, Public Relations Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear MmCreary:

We are so sorry we did not meet and exceed your expectations while visiting us this past week. These are not normal occurrences at our hotel and we would very much like the chance to address them with you and make it right. Please do reach out to the hotel manager via telephone at your convenience. Your business is very important to us.

Safe Travels,