“Horrible Hotel!”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Horrible Hotel!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We froze the whole weekend here. It was amazing how cold it was in the hotel. The halls, the restaurant, the lobby, all like 50 degrees. The room wasn't much warmer. The staff was rude. The restaurant ran out of food. And then to top it off, we saw a mouse run across the floor in the restaurant. Any hotel would be a better choice than this.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jonathan B

Garden City, Michigan
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had made reservations two months prior to our arrival date.When we arrived we waited for two hours in the lobby to find out that they overbooked and could give us a room 15mins away in Perrysburg. We had plans to attend a concert at the Huntington center so this was not a convenient solution.The hotel staff at this hotel was very unprofessional. Would never think of staying here again. The Park Inn is a great location if you plan on going to The Huntington center.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Renee L
Wilson, New York
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel can't make up its mind what it wants to be. It was a Crowne Plaza, then the Grand Plaza and apparently it will be a Best Western. The staff is totally inept. Check-in was disastrous, dining experience at breakfast was extremely slow and the food was not good. Housekeeping left my dirty coffee cup in the room after cleaning it, along with the supply of garbage liners and no extra towels. I was unable to get on-line all weekend, despite having the "card" to do so. The front desk was no help. I called and they said they would "send someone up" and I waited a half an hour and no one came. Bathroom lighting was horrible and the heating unit did not properly work. The only saving grace were the bell staff/van drivers (even though the shuttle vans had no markings on them). Stay away from this place! When I checked out, the "Guest Service Manager" did NOT ask how my stay was. Good thing! What kind of training is this?

1 Thank Terri M
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just as a previous reviewer I was a victim of the Luke Bryan concert overbooking experience. Booked my room almost 3 MONTHS IN ADVANCE only to wait through a horrible parking "experience" and line at the desk to check in at 4:30pm for about an hour for them to tell me that they have no rooms and we will be staying 15 miles away. No shuttle to take us there mind you, he said "just hop on the highway and go south for a little way." I'M NOT FROM TOLEDO IDIOT, I have no idea where you are talking about? Took him 10 more minutes to get me an address and crappy directions. All of this waiting and wasting our time and ruining our Valentine's/Birthday trip to go see Luke Bryan and NOT ONE TIME did the guy at the desk (The Guest Services MANAGER) even apologize.

I could not be any less happy or more disgusted. Worst Hotel experience of my 41 years by FAR. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert H
Leipsic, Ohio
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have stayed at cheaper places with more amenities than this. Bathroom was very dark and had broken shower fixtures. My friends room was the same. Shower had warm water not hot but the sink would burn your skin off. There was some confusion at check-in but it was fixed. Key cards are very sensitive and don't work at times so we had to get them re-coded. Shuttles looked like ordinary minivans so you had to watch out for them. HVAC was very slow to respond, good thing I like it cold. If it wasn't for the conference held here, I would've stayed elsewhere.

1 Thank Darwin783
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I'd rather sleep in my car. Oh wait i had too......Getting to the hotel was fast and easy due to the fact that there is almost no "rush hour" in toledo which was nice but here end's the fast and easy. When we arrived on friday about 5:30 the valet told me that we would be the last car he would be parking?, wait what?, this is a hotel you should have ample parking for all guest of that said hotel. we said ok what ever the other couple on there way to meet us would just have to find somewhere else to park. Going into the lobby there is really nothing grand about this place be aware its not a really nice hotel by any means maybe 1.5 at best for environment, helpfulness, attitude all were terrible.We entered into the lobby area to find 60-70 plus people waiting to check in with one person behind the counter. Shame on you really, I've never ever seen this before. As were waiting for our turn we start to hear rummors that there aren't anymore rooms available to people checking in that's right folks 60-70 people $crewed over. they over booked guests staying the night before wouldn't leave or something ???and there trying to find rooms for people other hotels around toledo, ok what?!?!?!?, this is where it just got much much worse. because we were in town for a concert the plan was to stay local and walk to the show and come back, at this point we had no room no car 1 mile away somewhere 1/2 hour wait and no time to find a place to stay downtown everywhere else was booked , just do yourself a favor and never go here let the place close down like it should have done.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jason L
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Where do I begin? First, I sat in my car for about 10 minutes before the valet would pull the cars around in order for me to get up to the door. As I walked in the main entrance, I looked up at a vinyl banner that was used for their main sign and kind of chuckled to myself. It was a rather interesting choice as your first impression. Check in was done quickly and I went up to my room. I was in a corner King room and the room had some upgraded features but still a dumpy feeling to it. I sat down on the "brand new pillow top" beds and could have been more comfortable on the floor. Walking around the halls you see dirtiness, ripped wallpaper, and stained carpet. You couldn't pay me to stay in this hotel again.

1 Thank benji9239