“Event attendees beware ...”

Grand Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
“Event attendees beware ...”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed here while attending a wedding a mile away. Valet said they shuttle hotel guests within 2 miles of hotel. Yay! Wedding ended at 11:15. Called valet. Suddenly informed picks ups end at 11 when valet is short staffed. What the what! Nobody considered mentioning this earlier?! I would have left earlier. Instead, this single mom with a crying infant and small child waited at a curb in the dark for a cab for over 45 min ... after every single guest went home. Weak. Very weak grand plaza.

Stayed August 2012

cleveland
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for the night while working in Toledo. Nice location on the river, and our corner suite for 120 total was very nice . Nice staff , pretty good location for the ballpark. Only draw back is the parking. I guess they have 16 dollar valet( loading area is cramped in front of hotel ) or 8 dollar public parking across and just down the street .. We opted for free parking just around the corner on the street.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank lanceobx
Ohio
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel has an amazing location--great views of the river, close to resturaunts and entertainment (walking distance), and only minutes from other local attractions. The room I stayed in was pretty decent. I did notice some things weren't as clean as I would have preferred (the chair in the room, the window, and the throw pillows on the bed). The room also only had a shower instead of an actual bath tub with shower, which I was not aware of when I booked a room there. The shower did have a built-in shower seat, but I didn't want to use that. I ended up just not using the shower there since I only stayed one night. The front desk staff gave average service-they weren't incredibly friendly, but they weren't rude either. The valet staff were great. I left and returned to the hotel many times during my stay, and never had to wait long for my car and while I was waiting, the staff at the desk made conversation with me and were very friendly. I made small talk with 3 out of the 4 valet staff I saw there, and each were very nice, asking me where I was from, how my visit was going so far, plus they made some great suggestions of places to visit for entertainment, and told me how to get to some local resturaunts. I had breakfast the morning of my departure, and it was great. I got a lot of food for the price, it was fresh and hot, and the meal came at the time I requested it be delivered. I would come back to this hotel on a future visit. There is very little that I was disappointed by.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank kelsoOhio
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

We went to Toledo for a Mud Hens game and went to a different hotel but was disgusted by it so we were refunded money and went here. Once we got here the staff was friendly and lobby was clean as can be. We got up to our room and it was very clean along with complementary water. There pool was a little small but we were fine with it. This was also perfect for the game cause it was walking distance to Fifth Third Field. Overall a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Kieltyka
North Carolina
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding this past weekend and while the accommodations were average, the customer service was really good. You can tell that the staff works really hard. There was always someone cleaning or straightening up somewhere and they were very helpful. A few things: There wasn't really any information anywhere. For example, in the room, there is no little book about the hotel that tells you about the restaurant and bar that are in the hotel. In fact, if someone in our party hadn't asked us to meet them there, I wouldn't have known. We also weren't told the check out time, so I had to call down the morning we were leaving. We couldn't find any information about how to access the Wi-fi. The remote didn't work. These things were answered or corrected by the staff quickly which was great, but most of those things I shouldn't have to look for. The room is nice and clean with a good sized bathroom. The weekend we were there happened to be the hottest weekend of the year so there were some issues with the AC not being quite as efficient but the staff said they were aware and working on the problem. By the time we got home from the wedding, it was much cooler in all of our rooms. THe biggest issue I had, was that I booked our room back in the winter and was told on two separate occasions that there would be a mini-fridge in our room. This was great for me because I am a nursing mother and was going to be away from my baby and needed a place to store my pumped milk. When I arrived, there was no mini fridge. I called down and spoke with James who at first told me there were no fridges in any of the rooms and he didn't have any available. I explained the situation and that if there couldn't be a fridge we may have to change hotels and he managed to scrounge one up and had it brought to our room within minutes. Thanks James, that saved us a lot of stress! I would consider staying there again if I'm ever back in Toledo because of the staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ens982
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I recently stayed at the Grand Plaza Toledo.

My room was a corner king room with a great view of the Maumee River & downtown Toledo.

The hotel staff was friendly and courteous.

The hotel is next door to the Imagination Station and within easy walking distance of 5/3 Field & a lot of great downtown destinations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Carhartkid
Indiana
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed a few times at the Grand Plaza Hotel in Toledo - nice place to stay. Accommodating and kind staff in my experiences. Would stay again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business