“Great place for comfort food.”
Review of Glass City Cafe

Glass City Cafe
Ranked #220 of 734 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: The Glass City Cafe serves some of the Best Deli Sandwiches and Omelets available in Toledo. We serve Breakfast all day. We also feature Live Music every Saturday from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm.
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Love their breakfast menu and the whole vibe of this place. The people there are very welcoming and always deliver great service. Be sure to check this place out.

1  Thank Rockets91

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Were down from Detroit to see a Mudhens game and spent the night so that we would be able to get after a few cocktails during and after the game without having to drive back. Glad that we did as we ran across this place for a great brunch the next day.

We showed up around 11:00 or so after checking out the farmers market. The place was packed and we were told that there would be a small wait until a table opened up. They had a bluegrass (at least I think it was bluegrass since that is not exactly my first choice of music) band playing. They were really good and even though the place was small the music did not overpower the place. Not sure if this is just a weekend thing or a normal occurrence. Luckily a couple of guys sitting at a 4 top table offered up their table and moved to an available 2 top. Thank you very much because we were hungry!

Service was fast, friendly, and accurate. Wife ordered the house special named the haymaker, mother had a tuna melt, I had a Reuben omelet, and my dad had a breakfast club sandwich. The breakfast club is an off the menu item and was recommended by the guy sitting next to us. It was not for the faint of heart but just perfect for someone who could not decide between breakfast and lunch.

I would definitely recommend to any and everyone and may even return if I am in the area again. When we were leaving we were bid goodbye by multiple employees and one of the band members commented on my Detroit Tiger hat and engaged in a bit of conversation about their recent power struggles. I like it when people acknowledge and thank you for your patronage. It is that type of friendliness that will serve them well in getting new customers while ensuring that the existing ones want to return.

BTW the young guy sitting next to us gave us his card and wanted us to know he started a new website about food in Toledo. Since he so kindly gave up his seat for us I wanted to put his website here. Since I am not from Toledo I will not get a ton of use but wanted to let others who may be local know about it. Here is the link:

2  Thank CPAExplorer
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We love the atmosphere at the Glass City Cafe. This is a family owned and run place serving great food. We were there for breakfast on a Saturday morning and there was live entertainment along with our food. The nostalgia they have on display brings you back to some of the old days in Toledo. It is the kind of place you love to return to again and again.

1  Thank Ken C
Reviewed May 26, 2011

The Glass City Cafe located in Toledo Ohio is a real gem. Located in the heart of downtown in an unassuming side street location it offers the best casual dining you can find in the city. The menu consists primarily of a large variety of sandwiches, salads, and soups. Most days they also have daily casserole specials.

Their sandwiches are hard to beat. On our recent visit I had the club and my honey had the French dip; both were on fresh bread with large quantities of meat and cheese - delicious. The soup special was tomato-basil; it was homemade, well spiced and filled with chunks of fresh tomato. All of the salad dressings are also made in-house and the greens and other ingrediants are always fresh; this includes the chicken and tuna salad.

Did I mention the dessert specials? We had the pineapple walnut cake and it was almost a religious experience. All of the desserts are made in-house by the owners wife.

They are a family owned restaurant; the owner and his wife were there during our visit and were very friendly. They are only open until 6:00 PM in the evening, but have also captured the after hours crowd by reopening from 1:00 AM to 5:00 AM on Friday and Saturday evenings. They also offer a wonderful breakfast.

In addition to the quality of the food is the quality of the pricing which is very reasonable; high value and high quality. If you are in downtown Toledo during the day or early evening you should go. If you are close to downtown Toledo during the day or early eveing you should go. Check out there facebook page where they post their daily specials.

1  Thank Yenrab-Lledwod