“Lunch”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 710 Restaurants in Toledo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
michigan
“Lunch”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This place is always predictably good in service and quality of food. No surprises. Again today, we had a good meal in a nice atmosphere.

Visited March 2013

Boca Raton, Florida
“My favorite place in this city!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been to many many restaurants in this city, including ALL of the most expensive ones and this is my favorite. The ambience is great and the staff is always very friendly and accomodating. I normally get the burger which is the best burger in town with Loaded baked potato ($12) (amazing!!!) or the Filet Mignon..($29) which is one of the best Ive ever had. I prefer the filet here over Mortons ($50 with Potato) and it is equal to Ruths Chris or Oceans Prime (cannot believe im saying that!) One of the best ive ever had for sure. I make it a point to go here every week, its that enjoyable. This is Toledo, but dont be fooled. This is a classy restaurant (hard to find in this wasteland) and if you are in town I certainly recommend it.

• Visited March 2013
Lambertville, Michigan
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

In celebration for a family birthday party, we decided we would go somewhere with a little ambiance. Anyway.....we were seated right away at the 6 p.m. dinner hour for a table with 8. We placed our orders and got drinks and waited for our meals. All came as expected except...my husband order a steak medium and it came out basically rare! He sent it back and 10 minutes later came back with his steak well done. My husband indicated that it still was not done to satisfaction and was offered to have a new one cooked. Unfortunately, everyone was close to being finished with their meals and the waitress said she could have it back in 5 minutes. Not!! 20 minutes later (everyone else done and plates cleared) he had to indicate to the waitress that his steak was not delivered and told her to cancel. She talked to manager about situation and he brought the steak out in a to go box! He said no charge, which was nice but explained to him that
that was not the idea, but that when you go to a restaurant of this caliber that you expect to get a steak right. Anyway, we also got 3 free desserts but spoiled a nice family dinner. Will probably think twice before going back again.

• Visited February 2013
Toledo, OH
“I had forgotten about this place....”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

and hadn't eaten here in years. We had a 10 minute wait on a Friday night at around 7pm, which wasn't bad. We found seats at the bar, until our booth was ready, and I ordered a $6 Riesling. Unfortunately it wasn't very good, but the food we ordered was all excellent. I ordered the steak burger and loved the sauce on it. Way too many fries accompanied the burger! Husband and son ordered the fish tacos with rice and beans. They loved them, but I thought they were a little too spicy. Husband had heard how wonderful the mac and cheese was, so we sampled one of those, too. It was so good that I would consider making it a meal, by ordering two. I wasn't crazy about the huge room, but son and husband liked the atmosphere. Service was excellent.

• Visited February 2013
Toledo, Ohio
“Love the Alex Salad!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The menu is a little pricey, but the food is always good. The Alex Salad is delicious and the desserts are HUGE and very good.

Visited December 2012