“Great spot for lunch”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 710 Restaurants in Toledo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Milton
“Great spot for lunch”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We are visiting Toledo and tried J Alexander's for lunch. It was great. I had a burger; not exactly a MacD burger. Maybe a roll with a little too much bread My wife salad was excellent. An obvious upscale place ; we will try it for dinner.

• Visited December 2012

Toledo, Ohio
“Prime Rib!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I love J. Alexanders. The food here is great especially the Prime Rib. The service here is above any other restaurant in Toledo and the atmosphere is nice and quiet which makes it a great place for a nice evening for two. They have a very nice selection of food and I have never been disappointed by anything that I have had there. Make sure that you leave room for the the carrot cake it is the best I ever had.

• Visited June 2012
Brownstown, MI
“Consistently good”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We aren't local to Toledo so this restaurant is a planned evening for us unless we happen to be shopping in the area.

We have eaten here numerous times and have always found the service, food and drinks to be consistently good. The Queso appetizer is excellent and we always take some home if there is only hubby and myself dining. We love the prime rib and have had it with both the smashed potatoes (comes with the meal) and the loaded baked (extra $$). Both choices are good. There is usually plenty to take home. We've tried several other dishes, all of which have been very tasty and plated beautifully.

Salads come with most entrees at dinner and are HUGE. House salad or Caesar salad, your choice. Fresh veggies along with salad greens and not just a bunch of iceberg lettuce plopped on the plate with a tomato or two. You might want to set some of it aside to take home before putting the salad dressing on it because if you do eat it all...that entree will be going home in the take away box!

The service...what can I say? Never any complaints. It has always been excellent. It's like the servers can read your mind on what to ask, bring to the table, take off the table, wrap up to take away etc.

Drinks..Adult beverages are great. I love the Pomegranate Martini while hubby prefers Crown Royal. The Pom Martini comes to the table in the martini glass with the extra in a small carafe which is placed in another glass with ice water to keep the drink cold. Works for me. Hubby's Crown is just to his taste and he is fussy about his adult beverages.

We have had dessert only once and it was yummy. Not sure how that happened as we are usually so full after the main course, but it did. If you are a dessert person, you just might want to take one home for later.

One downside is there are no reservations but if you get there by 5:00 PM you should be able to get in rather quickly as the restaurant is large. Not a negative, just a downside.

Lots of free parking in both the front and back of the restaurant with the larger lot in back. The front fills up quickly making it look like there is no parking left but just drive around by the Starbucks and the lot is behind.

This is our go-to restaurant when we want to take friends out for dinner. We all get a chance to relax in a pleasant atmosphere and enjoy a good meal but don't have to take out a second mortgage to do it.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank AdirondackNative
Ottawa Hills, Ohio
“A Popular Restaurant With Locals”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Although I live within a couple of miles of this restaurant, I have not returned since my first visit more than 10 years ago. I returned for the first time since this past weekend. Unfortunately nothing has changed. The food is great but not the way I like it presented. I ordered the pork tenderloin with smashed potatoes. While it was very good, it was a whole tenderloin, which is more meat than I prefer. Why they couldn't offer half the meat serving and include a vegetable and salad, I don't know. It will probably be another 10 years before I return.

Ottawa, Ohio
“The Salad & Appetizers place”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Best salad to eat but wish the galis toast wasn't taken away:(....Appetizers are good also if you want a light snack

Visited September 2012
1 Thank vmaag

Been to J Alexander's Restaurant? Share your experiences!