“Bob Evans quality at Waffle House prices”

Uncle John's Pancake House
Ranked #94 of 698 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Uncle John's Pancake house has been proudly serving the people of Toledo, Ohio and the greater Northwest, Ohio and Southeast, Michigan area for more than 50 years now. Originally founded in 1963, Uncle John's is still going strong, and in the same location and building! As you can imagine through the years, we have developed many loyal customers that we prefer to call friends and family. For in fact it is common place for us to serve the grandchildren of patrons who first came in to Uncle John's as children themselves. Very often we will have three generations at one table. While much of Toledo has changed, and countless restaurants have come and gone, the pancakes, as well as the rest of the menu items at Uncle John's, are still being served in the same time honored tradition as the were in 1963. Never fear though, while the traditional dishes are still being served, we have also grown and changed with the times to more identify with the ever changing palates of Toledoans. So if you are looking for the quintessential stack of buttermilk pancakes, or the perennial favorite of children, the silver dollar pancakes, they are still on the menu. This said though, you can also find more adventurous culinary items on our menu. Items such as Portobello mushroom omelette, or a new crowd-pleaser, the guacamole burger. So know matter what you order, you can have confidence that your meal will be served hot, fast, and with all the attention you as a customer deserve. Our wait staff are trained in the "Home-Style" method of being prompt, efficient and courteous, or as the youth might say today, the "Old School" way! So the next time you feel like having a home cooked meal, in a family friendly environment with quality food and affordable prices, we hope you will consider dropping in to Uncle John's Pancake House. We look forward to meeting and serving you! Thanks, "Uncle John" and Staff!
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Bob Evans quality at Waffle House prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

Just visited Uncle John's for the first time today and was extremely impressed. I don't normally like pancakes, but I had an hour to pass while waiting for Costco to open and thought I'd try some. They were amazing, and I just about inhaled them. The service is family friendly and warm, and the atmosphere is charming and nostalgic. I was surprised by the quality and taste of the food, and even more surprised by the prices. I only wish I'd discovered this place sooner.

• Visited March 2011

toledo
“Poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

We have visited this place a few times for dinner. The prices aren't bad and the food is ok. I think that the servers need to be better trained. Everytime we go there, we have to ask about forgotten side dishes. I don't understand why it is so hard to remember to bring the complete meal! We order from the specials, so it's not like we are ordering something uncommon.

2 Thank jackrussellgirl
Toledo, Ohio
“Family Favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

This is my families favorite restraunt for breakfast! This place is pretty popular, so expect a wait if you don't call ahead during normal rush hour time! If you are looking for somewhere novel to take a guest for breakfast, and good food on a budget this is it!

1 Thank OhioTea
Columbus, Ohio
“Disappointing Recommendation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2009

This was our first visit from out of town. The restaurant looked clean and busy for a Sunday morning. A local recommended here over Original Pancake house. Seated promptly. Extensive menu. Server was not able to suggest any menu item that you can only get here and nowhere else. She said to pick from the marked favorites. These were popular items, as well as boring, and unimaginative. The omelet choices were great. Pick by country. Mexican, Italian, Swedish, etc. I had the New Yorker( I think), with corn beef hash and peppers, and onions. The hash was so scarce, greasy and flavorless that I sent it away, and ordered the Cajun. This one claimed Anduille sausage and pepperjack cheese, HOT, HOT, HOT! NOT, NOT, NOT!! It was again greasy and unflavorful. I drowned it in (ketchupy, non-homemade)salsa and lots of hot sauce. I had to eat it because my wife was now done with her mediocre Sausage and cheese omelet with a side of limp bacon. As I pushed away my plate, we noticed the flea like insects bouncing around my plate. Did they come from my omelet, salsa, hot sauce bottle, the syrups, or the establishment?? We asked the server to show the nearby manager. She walked right past him into the kitchen. We yelled for the manager to go see her. A very kind, apolagetic floor manager listened to us review our visit. She picked up the check and tried to give us vouchers for our next visit. We declined that, and the pancake part of our order. It just wasn't our visit.

Pros: Abundantly decorated

Cons: Food that day

1 Thank ksh9787