“Horrible experience”

Uncle John's Pancake House
Ranked #60 of 710 Restaurants in Toledo
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Uncle John's Pancake house has been proudly serving the people of Toledo, Ohio and the greater Northwest, Ohio and Southeast, Michigan area for more than 50 years now. Originally founded in 1963, Uncle John's is still going strong, and in the same location and building! As you can imagine through the years, we have developed many loyal customers that we prefer to call friends and family. For in fact it is common place for us to serve the grandchildren of patrons who first came in to Uncle John's as children themselves. Very often we will have three generations at one table. While much of Toledo has changed, and countless restaurants have come and gone, the pancakes, as well as the rest of the menu items at Uncle John's, are still being served in the same time honored tradition as the were in 1963. Never fear though, while the traditional dishes are still being served, we have also grown and changed with the times to more identify with the ever changing palates of Toledoans. So if you are looking for the quintessential stack of buttermilk pancakes, or the perennial favorite of children, the silver dollar pancakes, they are still on the menu. This said though, you can also find more adventurous culinary items on our menu. Items such as Portobello mushroom omelette, or a new crowd-pleaser, the guacamole burger. So know matter what you order, you can have confidence that your meal will be served hot, fast, and with all the attention you as a customer deserve. Our wait staff are trained in the "Home-Style" method of being prompt, efficient and courteous, or as the youth might say today, the "Old School" way! So the next time you feel like having a home cooked meal, in a family friendly environment with quality food and affordable prices, we hope you will consider dropping in to Uncle John's Pancake House. We look forward to meeting and serving you! Thanks, "Uncle John" and Staff!
Holland, Ohio
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My husband and I ate here and it was one of the worst dining experiences that we've ever had. The restaurant is worn down and dirty. The service was bad, the food average but the clientele was what sealed the deal. 2 women were there with a child who was about 4. The child cried the whole time we were there as the 2 women just sat there and shoveled in their food. Finally the person behind us suddenly slams her hand on the table and said, "that's enough!" The child settled down some but the whole restaurant was stunned. The 2 women finally finished and and left with the girl. It didn't matter, it was too late.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank fwmaggie

“All I have to say is WOW”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I have been going to Uncle John's for 8 years now and love the food, service, and the atmosphere is always welcoming with friendly faces. My sons love it this place too. They love the hot chocolate with the whole works along with their pancakes! There is no other place to eat, every time we go we walk away happy. Give It a try and you will fall in love too.

Perrysburg, Ohio
“Bob Evans quality at Waffle House prices”
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Just visited Uncle John's for the first time today and was extremely impressed. I don't normally like pancakes, but I had an hour to pass while waiting for Costco to open and thought I'd try some. They were amazing, and I just about inhaled them. The service is family friendly and warm, and the atmosphere is charming and nostalgic. I was surprised by the quality and taste of the food, and even more surprised by the prices. I only wish I'd discovered this place sooner.

• Visited March 2011
toledo
“Poor service”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We have visited this place a few times for dinner. The prices aren't bad and the food is ok. I think that the servers need to be better trained. Everytime we go there, we have to ask about forgotten side dishes. I don't understand why it is so hard to remember to bring the complete meal! We order from the specials, so it's not like we are ordering something uncommon.

2 Thank jackrussellgirl
Toledo, Ohio
“Family Favorite!”
Reviewed August 27, 2009

This is my families favorite restraunt for breakfast! This place is pretty popular, so expect a wait if you don't call ahead during normal rush hour time! If you are looking for somewhere novel to take a guest for breakfast, and good food on a budget this is it!

1 Thank OhioTea