“Great food, great service, great value”
Review of Shorty's Bar B Que

Shorty's Bar B Que
Ranked #6 of 703 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great food, great service, great value”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Eating at Shorty's was a great experience. The inside ambiance as others have alluded too is engaging and nice. We chose though because of beautiful day out to eat on the patio. Our server Ricky was on point! My tea stayed refreshed, the feast he recommended for my family was tasty and way too much for food for the little we paid, and he was always there right when we needed him and before with a smile. Would definitely recommend.

Brampton, Canada
“Great food, great atmosphere too!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you like great BBQ in a restaurant this is the place for you! Most say it's not better than my BBQ well this place will give you a run for your thoughts. Dinner for 2 $45

Large portions of all meats, pulled pork, brisket, ribs, chicken etc. It all has flavour or it's American so,.... I should say flavor. Spicy BBQ sauce is the best one they have.

Atmosphere was causal, patio was very nice and the service was very friendly, knowledgeable about there products.

Great place after a long day of shopping, I'd go there again in a heart beat if I'm in Toledo again.

Wadsworth, Ohio
“Loved it!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our first visit to Toledo, and we make it a point to try the local BBQ when we travel. We saw the ad for Shorty's in the phone book at the hotel. It did not disappoint! I highly recommend the BBQ egg rolls- they are to die for! I had a steak salad and was shocked at how much steak was on it! My husband had the brisket and loved it! If we come within 50 miles of Toledo, we will make a point to stop to eat at Shorty's!

Midwest-USA
“Really Enjoyed Shorty's Experience”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Friends recommended going to Shorty's for lunch one weekend. Had never even heard of it before. Liked the casual interior immediately upon entering the restaurant. Was seated right away and received our beverages from a pleasant waiter. She brought to our table some warm and very tasty cornmeal muffins and butter. Between the four of us, we ordered the ribs and the brisket sandwich. It included our choice of two sides, like macaroni and cheese, baked beans, coleslaw, and green beans. Our food came in a timely manner, and everyone liked what they had ordered. The meats were tender and flavorful, and the sides were all tasty. We thought the quantity of the sides were on the small side, but after eating everything, we were all more than full and satisfied. We also thought that the prices were reasonable ($8.99 for lunch). Will definitely return to try more of their selections. Was also surprised to learn they are part of the well-known Mancy's restaurant family that is so well-known in the Toledo area.

• Visited July 2013
illinois
“Outstanding BBQ!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Read the reviews here - and when we are out of town we try to find the best BBQ around. Shorty's did not come up short - actually it exceeded our expectations on all counts! The smells of smoking BBQ hit you right when you step out of the car, and we could hardly stop drooling! We had a large party of 12 for lunch with 4 seperate bills - all handled by our server perfectly! I had the Rib plus 1 with pulled pork and mac and cheese. Really fantastic! We are used to good southern BBQ and I can tell you it does not get much better than this! Wonderful clean and comfortable atmosphere, great service, in town location - all great - wish we had one here in Illinois - I would visit weekly!

• Visited June 2013