“A Toledo gem”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great ethnic food, both middle eastern and italian. The hummus and grape leaves are the best in Toledo. I have tried many middle eastern dishes and have not been disappointed. I have never tried the italian ones because I love the others so much!
This restaurant is on the second floor of a very plain building. There are winding stairs, but also an elevator. There are no windows and it tends to be rather dark but this adds to the cozy feel.
I love it!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have been going to Byblos for over 20 years, have also gone to the sister restaurant Beirut an d Byblos is the best!! Fantastic food! Freshly made Fatoosh, not sitting premade! Fresh pita and hummus to die for! Combo Jumbo is made to order. Beef medium, chicken juicy and shish kafta is perfect! Our meal and service tonight was extra ordinare!

Alway take home a doggy bag as it is soooo much to eat! Pleasant staff and seating is cozy! We also had our son's Rehearsal dinner in the back room area, cozy working fireplace and pleasant staff and service was great for a group of 25!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Byblo's unique atmosphere adds ambience to any meal. It is relatively dark inside, however; the light shining through the stained glass ceiling provides color and sparkle across the room. Side booth tables are well lit and cozy. Low, rounded barrel chairs circle tables in the middle of the room.

Some of the previous reviewers commented on climbing the stairs (yes, they are steep) however; elevator service is available as soon as you walk in the ground level foyer.

We've eaten at Byblo's many times and have never been disappointed with the food or service. As a matter of fact, the other night the kitchen goofed up on 1/2 order vs full order and our waitress brought mini desserts to our table at no charge!

The grape leaves are moist, well seasoned and packed with a rice/meat filling.
The Fatoush is overflowing in the serving bowl (4 people can easily share this salad dish)
The Hummus is a bit on the bland side for my taste, but I make my own a bit more seasoned at home)
Pita bread is freshly baked.
Chicken Swarma is tasty.

BUT the baby lamb chops (4) are to die for and that brings me back every time.
They are juicy, tender and seasoned just right. Order them medium rare.
Although they are on the appetizer menu, I make them my meal. Yummy!

Byblo's is fairly priced. You'll find plenty on the entree menu for under $15.00.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Byblos is a great place to meet friends and family! They have good food and serivce. The staff is always friendly whenever we go in and makes sure you have a great time!

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

My first time and last time here. If you have an elderly person that has difficulty with steps this is not the best place to go. Alot of steps to get to the second floor where the resaurant is. The atmosphere is very nice. I met with a party of 7 total and one was running late so we waited to oder our meals until she arrived but we did order appetizers. Our waitress was very rude and came around infrequently. After we ordered, all of our parties food came out except for one ladies and a milk for a child. We were half done eating before she recieved her meal and thenthe food was not what she had thought she ordered. When asked about the meal the waitress became very defensiveand rude and proceeded to tell her that she needed to read the menu better. I am very disappointed with this experience and could not reccomend this restaurant based on it. I have heard many good things about it and our waitress may have been having a bad day but you dont take it out on your customers. I would rather go to Al Saher....more affordable and always great service.

Been to Byblos? Share your experiences!