“Just what we expected”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
London, Ontario, Canada
“Just what we expected”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We found the hotel to be everything we expected from a Fairfield Inn. Clean comfortable room with a very cozy king size bed. Check in took a while only because the only person working was on the phone booking multiple rooms for an upcoming wedding.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side face a Transport Truck Terminal.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
columbus, ohio
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We frequent Fairfield inns when traveling and decided on this one when attending a wedding in toledo. The rooms were in poor shape...our bed had a torn sheet with hair on it. Upholstery and mattress on the sofa bed were gross. Wish we didn't have to use it. The countertop had cigarette burns on it...a nonsmoking hotel? Staff at the front desk was very nice. Staff at breakfast sat and watched, granted maybe I caught her on break, but the place needed cleaning and it wasn't busy at the time. And she asked me if I wanted a job? Maybe she was over worked?!? We looked forward to the pool with our ten year old. The water was very warm and murky, couldn't see to the bottom, the hot tub had a film of brown scum in the bubbles. All of the pool towels were dirty in the hamper and sat there the next morning when we left at 10. Would definitely not stay there again. Feel sorry for the nice people at the desk but maybe they need to hire more people to clean and maintain.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank mommajoColumbus_Ohio
Grosse Pointe
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The location isn't the greatest for sght seeing, but we were visiting relatives and it was close to their house. We expected a nice hotel, but it was far more than that. Our room on the first floor was clean and well stocked with soap, shampoo, and conditioner. It also had a refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast was the best! It included the normal pastries and cereals and juices. The Wow factor was the addition of scrambled egge, sausage, biscuits, home fries, hard boiled eggs, breakfast burritos, and breakfast sandwiches! If you couldn't find something you liked, you're too picky. Freah coffee all day. Very nice eating area and they didn't mind that you took food back to your room to eat while you got ready for the day. We will defintely stay here again!

Room Tip: This is really about parking. Other reviews have stated that there is crime involving car break ins...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
dahech1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo North, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for all of the kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to provide a review for the hotel. I have shared your feedback with the whole team to let them know of the great experience that you had. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon! Best Wishes .
Moe manager
West Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I checked in on 9/23/13 and was too tired to examine my sheets before turning in. This evening I checked them and they were full of short straight black hairs. I called down to the front desk and asked if the sheets had been changed before I checked in. The man at the front desk said they were. I asked why they were full of hair and he replied "Well, you did sleep in the bed last night." I explained that my sleeping on the right side of the King size bed would not account for all of these hairs all through the sheets even on the left side foot of the bed. He said I could come down and get sheets if I wanted. I went down to the front desk and he gave me the sheets. I again said that there were small black hairs all through my sheets like a dog had been in them. He said "Well, we don't allow dogs here." Not once did I get a "sorry for that." I really didn't appreciate the rudeness especially since I had to deal with changing nasty hairy sheets. Also, the room has a smoke smell even though the hotel is non-smoking. I've never had this problem with another popular business hotel chain that I usually stay with and I travel frequently for business. Clean sheets are really not too much to ask for!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SoCal
Reviewed August 25, 2013

First off, right next to the Toledo Speedway! I doesn't get any better than that for race fans. The hotel is conviently located right off the freeway and easy to find. Kind of out of the way and in a quiet area (except on Friday nights). The rooms were clean with plenty of space and the included breakfast was great. The pool was nice too. This place is good enought for me and I would happily return. Great job guys!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LittlebitSoCal
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We weren't here long but rooms were nice, breakfast was ok (waffle machine wasn't working right when we were there and items weren't always stocked well). Didn't use pool so can't say anything on that. Overall, a typical Fairfield. It was clean and beds were ok. Not much in restaurants around except for fast food, Bob Evans. Meijer store nearby. Okay place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel is well off freeway between the Toledo Speedway (monster truck rally while we were there) and an old fashioned horse sulkie racing (sp) track (horses pull rider in a chariot sort of thing). We were driving by and strolled in to watch for fun (free). I stayed here bc it was the only Marriott near Cedar Point where I could use my Marriott miles. The hotel is new and nice. Just a slightly odd location. Breakfast lady is super helpful and keeps the coffee urns filled and room spotless.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family