“Ok for a night”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Detroit, Michigan
“Ok for a night”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

My large family stayed in 2 rooms-but they couldn't put us next to each other. One room smelled very smokey and musty-but the other room was fine. TV's were different in each room, too. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Good sized bathroom. Breakfast was super, but the pool was small and very cloudy. The kids had to shower after swimming because they were itching so much. We visited the Zoo and a Mud Hens baseball game. Both activities were excellent. My biggest complaint was that I was charged a $110 incidental hold on my credit card without my permission. Desk stated that this was normal-and would be cleared in 3 days. We travel alot and this has never happened before-nor would I consider it 'normal'. I disagree with this company policy!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Liked the hotel because it was clean! Great fitness room (thanks!) A few comments for management - pls think about ways to address these issues:

1) the walls are very thin. The neighbors next door woke us up at 3am because even though they were not being exceptionally loud, it sounded like they were in the same room.
2) breakfast lady did not lift a finger to clean tables or refill food that had run out. Instead, she sat with guests AT THEIR TABLES! We actually began to suspect that these weren't even guests but rather relatives who she had invited. She said to one guy, make sure you take an extra plate to bring back home to (some person's name.)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
PA
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Stayed here with my elderly parents while attending a graduation party. While I was not very impressed with the check in experience (the girl at the front desk did'nt want to bother checking to see if one of our rooms was ready), the rest of the stay went well. Rooms were clean & comfortable. Staff attempted twice to correct a minor problem, but were unable to do so. Manager offered to discount room price for the inconvenience.
While the free breakfast bar had the usual fare, it was kept well stocked, even toward closing. The area was pleasant & large enough to accomodate many guests at a time.There were actually two women working the area. They greeted the guests, came by to check on them & assisted my parents getting their food to the table, as well as getting additional items for them. Definately will stay when in the area again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mistykit2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This hotel is relatively new so the rooms are very nice with comfortable beds and great TVs! However, the noise in this place is unbearable. The walls and floors in this place are paper thin so I am now listening to every television program of the adjoining room along with the running, skipping, jumping and bouncing of the guests upstairs. If I had an early morning meeting, I would have to switch hotels as this is ridiculous. I have called the front desk to ask that they notify those persons above and beside me and even with the reduction, I can still clearly hear every step and word. This is truly a stay at your own risk type of hotel as the accommodations are great if you can tolerate and endure the noise.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank allab0utbusiness
nebraska
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Stayed at the Fairfield one night and the room smelled as though someone had been smoking in the room - even though it is a nonsmoking hotel. When I got home I had to wash everything I had packed in my suitcase because all my clothes smelled musty or like smoke. The personal was very friendly and everything (other than the odor) was very clean.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lovetotravelNebraska
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Poor customer service.
Nice room.
Examples of poor customer service:
At check-in, the receptionist was more concerned with getting a credit card than helping us. I explain. My partner and I were going to split the cost on our two credit cards, however we had left one of our cards at a restaurant in downtown Toledo right before arriving. Beyond the apathy of the receptionist regarding our situation, she was adamant in getting my credit card instead of helping us contact the restaurant. After I put the entire charge on my card, the receptionist said she would contact the restaurant for us. When we got back to the restaurant, they said no one had called from the hotel.
Second example:
On our 2nd day at the hotel, room-keeping skipped our room. We found out after being gone all day. We went to the receptionist and told them that no one had cleaned our room and that we needed towels. Once again, we were met with apathy and no eye contact, and most importantly, no apology.
Surprisingly, there is a customer service statement boldly displayed at the elevator that all the employees had signed demonstrating their dedication to pleasing the guests. I guess at least they have a sense of humor, albeit an ironic one.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed April 25, 2010

My wife and I spent the weekend in Toledo recently. We visited the Toledo Zoo and did a little sight seeing. Although the weather left much to be desired the time spent was enjoyable. The Fairfield Inn was very comfortable and the kids loved the indoor swimming pool. All of the staff wer polite and Margaret who works in the breakfast area was exceptionally friendly and the kids enjoyed talking with her in the morning. The location of this hotel is very close to I-75 and you woll foind a 24 hour Meijer next door. There are lots of restaurants within a short drive and a large shopping mall approximately 20 minutes away. I would stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it to others. Another good property operated by Marriott! Keep up the fine job!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family