“Never had a bad meal”

Cuisines: American
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never had a bad meal”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Awesome burgers. Different specials for food and drink daily. Small and often crowded. A great friendly neighborhood bar

1 Thank Dstotler

Sylvania, Ohio
“Better Bar Burger”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

There are only 2 reasons to go to the Four Horsemen. Drink or have a burger. When it comes to the Four Horsemen there is good news and bad news.

Good news:
The burgers here have excellent quality meat and service is quick (sit at the bar) and friendly.

Bad news: They have tendency to over cook the burger. Another annoying trait among some the cooks is they mash the burger and release the juices into the flame. If you tell the bartender what you want, they'll make it the way you want. Believe me, the effort is well the trouble.

The Four Horsemen is also major Ohio State hang - second only to Dale's in Maumee.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank CreativeGuy4U
Toledo, Ohio
“Great local dive bar with excellent food”
Reviewed December 27, 2009

If you are looking for a place to get a cheap beer with good bar food, this is the place. My friends and I visit here regularly and the wood-paneled walls and sports memorabilia make it a good atmosphere. I'm not sure about the previous poster who said that there were people playing pool, because the place isn't really wide enough to fit a pool table in there! But there's enough space to pull up a chair to the bar or find a small table and hang out for a while, watching one of the many TV's.

1 Thank Visa711
Toledo, OH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, warm service one night in April”
Reviewed November 24, 2008

About 5 years ago, the night after my father died, none of my friends were in town, and I was feeling down, so I stumbled into The Four Horsemen on a Wednesday night, & was cheerfully greeted by a smiling female bartender.

That was enough for me. I sat at the bar, and asked if the popcorn was free: she said, "Sure is: help yourself." After 2 baskets, (and 2 bottles of Labatt), I ordered a cheeseburger--I don't remember whether or not it came with chips or fries, but it came with a big pickle wedge, which made my day. The barmaid checked back quickly on the quality and I ordered another beer. Later she engaged me in pleasant conversation about it being my first time, and how welcome I was. After my 4th beer, I bid her goodnight and said I'd be back.

I was pleased by the beer lights and the warm ambience ithey made, and was charmed by the Steelers signs, as my whole family is from Pennsylvania and we're all big fans. Looking around, it was apparent others were having a good time playing darts, and video games or pool, and I decided that this would be my new regular bar, even though I live nowhere near it. SInce then, I have moved closer, but work prevents me from drinking afterwards.

About 3 years ago, I stopped back in, but got a different barmaid, and the place was much busier, so I didn't stay as long.

I love the bar and plan to return, bringing friends from out of town to show it off. It's a quiet but happening bar in Toledo, and the food is great. Thank you!

1 Thank Michaelmon