“Dont need the short shorts” 4 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Star Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Great lakes
“Dont need the short shorts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

The star dinner is very popular. They a good breakfast with large portions as well. I have never eaten my whole breakfast here. They have a good lunch as well. I like the big onion rings. The one thing I don't like about it is. They have young girl waitresses, waiting your table in short shorts to draw in the customers. This place don't need it. The food and portion are enough to draw them in. I go to restaurants to eat not look at girls ! bad thing is they are only open a half day.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank horizanadventures

“worst money spent”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

The company that I work for here in toledo decided to order breakfast from this restaurant. We had about 6 seperate orders which came to a pretty hefty bill. The receptionist was very rude, she also told us that we as a company was not allowed to order any breakfast from them ever again. None of the orders were correct, the food was thrown together as if they didn't care at all that we were spending our hard earned money on them. DO NOT ATTEND THIS RESTAURANT THEY DO NOT APPRECIATE THEIR CUSTOMERS.

• Visited November 2013
“Legs & eggs...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I patronize the location in Maumee a few times a year - the staff is efficient, attentive and attractive - the food is generously portioned and very tasty! What more could you ask for?

Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NAVARRE LACATION IS DISGUSTING...........3 VISIT = NASTY AND DIRTY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I Eat at STAR Diner On ALEXIS EVERY SATURDAY. I moved to Oregon August 2012 And I went to the NAVARRE location that Is very close to my new home.. I was totally turned off and I will never ,never,NEVER return to the Navarre location as long as the same managment is in chareg I think if you start out fresh with new girls trained by the alexis girls.that will cut down on the trashy chicks getting hired. Maybe the cook has to be retrained on everything including presentation.The Cook crew on Alexis is amazing exspecialy the female cook is great when she is not in a bad mood but, we all have those days...But that FEMALE mang at Navarre has an Douch Bag Attitude and her uniform is filthy and waayyy to small.It is busting at the seams also she looks a little to old to be working there in that uniform.The ladies on Alexis are awsome they smell and look very clean ,ther hair and make up is done they are always always very friendly and professiona.LOVE THE GIRLS THERE ( ALL THE GIRLS@ ALEXIS LOCATION ARE AWSOME AND AMAZING ).....

Visited March 2013
ohio
“Great food, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary in Toledo Ohio. We were gearing up for our ride back to Cleveland and decided to give this place a try. We read some on line reviews and there was commentary that was negative but we try to always frequent places that have the word Diner in their name. These have been some of the best places and Star Diner did not disappoint. We were promptly greeted and seated. The place was a buzz for a late morning Monday. The server was attentive and fulfilled my husband's coffee needs (he would take it intravenously if possible). Overall, a great all American Diner!...Don't pass it up!

• Visited July 2012