“Old-fashioned diner, with homemade pie!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Schmucker's

Schmucker's
Ranked #30 of 698 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Evanston, Illinois
“Old-fashioned diner, with homemade pie!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

After a visit to the Toledo Botanic Garden, I found this cute little diner. It was perfect for my elderly aunt and mom. There was a bit of a wait, and we shared a large table with two other people. That's ok, it's a small, cozy place, but a real authentic diner, the type you just can't find any more. The food was as expected; I had a fish sandwich for lunch - with pie for dessert, of course. They pride themselves in having many varieties of homemade pie daily.

Visited September 2013

Toledo, Ohio /Clearwater, Florida
“Old fashioned diner hits the spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Schmucker's Diner on Reynolds Road in Toledo Ohio has been around since 1948, it will likely still be here in 2048. It is a throwback to the 50's, good food served fast. Nice people behind the counter and on the griddle. I had breakfast there this morning and it was just dandy. Hash, eggs, bacon, toast and a cold cranberry juice. The menu is chock full of basics, from breakfast, to hot roast beef and gravy, fried chicken, burgers, meat loaf, perch and of course hot dogs and chili. Our nation's Vice President stopped in while in Toledo and he is probably better for it. This is the type of restaurant many of us grew up with and sadly, there are not too many left. To our good fortune there is Schmucker's....strange name, damn good food and service.

• Visited September 2013
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
“My Favorite Pies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Pies oh my. Dutch apple and strawberry (when strawberries are in season) are my favorite. I've heard good things about chocolate too, but fruit is more my thing. Very friendly service and cool old school diner vibe, that's not trying too hard because its all authentic. Stop in even if you're just driving through.

• Visited September 2013
maumee, oh
“Old School Diner Classic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Reynolds Road in Toledo had been the truck route from Detroit to all points south before the newer highway systems were built over 50 years ago.

Schucker's is from that time.

Service isn't fast, the crowds assure that but food gets there just the same. Prices are low, quality is good to very good, burgers, meat loaf plates, excellent pies, everything fresh.

The atmosphere makes it, busy and very classic "old school." There is nothing pretend about Schumckers, it is a real diner, no "tall food," not fancy garnishes, nothing phony.

This is a place you could visit 3 times a week for lunch, never break either a budget or leave overstuffed with eye catching food you should have never eaten in the first place.

Everything is fresh, simple and traditional. Leaving unhappy is an impossibility.

• Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“If you love a good diner, Schmucker's is the place to be.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Schmucker's provides a happy, satisfying diner experience. The tiled walls, the booths, and the stools along the counter area are charming and welcoming. There was a short line when we arrived at 10:00 on a weekday, but we quickly found seats at the counter. I strongly recommend the counter if you want to have the full diner experience. Soon, the owner, Doug, welcomed us and stayed to visit and to share a bit of the restaurant history. The waitresses who stopped over to fill our coffee, check on our food, and chat were delightful and hospitable. This type of friendly atmosphere, for me, is a major factor considering whether or not I will return. Shmucker's passed with flying colors. Whenever we drive through Toledo, we will plan to stop in.
And the food? My veggie omelette was enormous and the hash browns were cooked perfectly . My husband's breakfast, eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns, was also quite tasty. As they say at Schmucker's, "you won't leave hungry."

Visited July 2013

Been to Schmucker's? Share your experiences!