“AVOID”

Manhattan's Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 699 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Toledo, Iowa
“AVOID”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This is thee second time I have eaten at this restaurant and the second time I was disappointed. The first time menu items were unavailable and this time the wait time was way too long. It took an hour and a half to get our orders and when the food came it was cold. We had five diners and only the person who ordered a salad was happy. My food was dry and NOT very tasty. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

• Visited June 2011

Ann Arbor, MI
“Great atmosphere, catering”
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Manhattans catered our wedding in 2007 and is a cozy place we still frequent. They were flexible on their catering menu and we had to give them no directions that evening on what we needed and when. Their live music at the restaurant is a draw, as well.

Toledo
“Manhattan's grants Toledo a reprieve”
Reviewed February 27, 2007

When I moved to Toledo from Charlotte, NC I was less than thrilled with the selection of restaurants. Sure Toledo has a lot of food but most of it is not very good - except for the ethnic food. So when I found Manhattan's I was overjoyed. The food is much better than I'd reaccusstumed myself to. They're particularly good with dressings and dips, service is just right - not overly needy or pushy. True it's not in the greatest part of town but I think of it as up and coming, kind of artsy. The chairs are all Parisian patio style as are some of the tables and there's a fabulous openness to the place that makes it feel authentic and hip at the same time. They also have Sunday brunch - make sure not to eat the night before - which I found less enchanting but above par nonetheless. Last I was there (on a Friday) they had a live Irish band which was too loud. Other nights they play a listful jazz which I like. Overall, would recommend to anyone.

3 Thank I-heart-yummy
“decent food , good service”
Reviewed February 12, 2007

Recently went to Maxwells using a coupon from loyal-email.com. Was pleasantly surprised with good service and decent steaks. The neighborhood wasn't too great but the food was good and the service was friendly.