“Oh no!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Claddagh Pubs of Franklin Park
Ranked #73 of 695 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toledo
“Oh no!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I came back for another try. I think I'm just unlucky with this place. I tried one of their new salads. I was excited because it was to have tzatziki as one of the ingredients. I make it at home and I love it. Well, the salad came and no sign of the tzatziki and no sign of any dressing. I hadn't asked for any dressing because I thought that the tzatziki was the dressing. It turns out that the kitchen was out of the tzatziki and no one bothered to tell me. Whoa. This really bothers me. I talked to the manager after I had finished eating. He said that it was listed on a board in the kitchen that they were out. What? No one told me. I would have ordered something else. He was polite but offered no discount or free drink or anything. He said that he would have more tzatziki the next day. Who cares? There are too many other restaurants in Toledo to bother with this one again!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank janie49

“A little taste of Ireland in Toledo Ohio.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

This is just about my favorite resturant in Toledo. I love their large menu from shephard's pie to their stuffed pork chops. They are constantly updating their menu which is awsome, however sometimes they discontinue my favorite entrees. The most amazing item I think, and seems to be everyone's favorite, is their fish n' chips. The fish is light and crispy coted cod. The pub chips are delicious ranch seasoned wedges. A bit of coleslaw comes with it too. I have not come across better. I would say they are even as good as Epcot's Rose and Crown's English Resturant.

If you have a group, it is a must to reserve the Whisky Room. This is a round room that looks like a castle inside. It has a tall cathedrial ceiling. The table has a lazy susan so you can share appetizers and pass the salt with ease! It is so much fun to eat in that room. There are cozy fireplaces elsewhere in the resturant and even a library room. You can also sit outside in the summer and fall by their firepit and hybiscus trees. What can I say, this resturant has it all.

Toledo, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing like being ignored”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

My husband and I were in on a
Friday night about 5:30. Not very busy. Sat down at the bar for an appetizer, there were 3 bartenders on duty although I believe one was the bar back. Right in front of where we were sitting was a big tv. Two bartenders, they told us eventually that their names were Kevin and Jennifer were busy messing with the tv. The bar in front of us was dirty and neither turned around to acknowledge us. In fact I was there and he was parking the car and no one turned around until he had come in and sat down. If that wasnt bad enough they had a plate of food sitting behind the bar in site of everyone and were walking by and picking at it with their fingers, then waiting on people. Have to wonder where was the manager? Two sad things about this. First we make it a special family dinner on holidays and go there with 15 or more people. Second we had planned on eating there. We had a drink and appetizer and left. Never had a problem before so we were really surprised at the lack of customer service and disregard of what was happening around them. Sad!

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Peggy J
Perrysburg, Ohio
“consistently Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

The Claddagh has become a regular stop of ours because we have never had a bad meal. The Irish specialities (Sheppards Pie...) are out of this world. The fish & Chips, meat loaf, ruben... are all great as well. We have even started going there for mother's day brunch (make reservations early) and the entire family really enjoys themselves. I know its a chain butthe food is wonderful.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“I LOVE IS PLACE!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I found it and fell I'm love. Staff is awesome,food amazing, and atmosphere is beautiful. Cany wait to go again