“A Nice Local Place”

Ranked #3 of 719 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Toledo's original Brewpub located in The Oliver House.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stopped here early on St. Pattys Day weekend to avoid the crowds. We were immediately impressed with the building and overall ambiance. Our server was prompt and friendly. The beers were ordered (Buckeye) were good and cheap at $3 a glass. Our appetizer, the cheese bread, was good - although we could've used a little less crust. We both got burgers and fries. Overall, it was a nice experience and its always good to support local. Would we drive the almost two hours from home to go here? No.

There are newer reviews for Maumee Bay Brewing Co

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went with business associates on a Wednesday night. The restaurant wasn't all that busy, yet it took almost 30 minutes to get our food. To make matters worse, the pizza I ordered was luke warm, the cheese had solidified and the toppings were cold.

A colleague ordered a beer that he deemed tasted like "dirty feet smell" (whatever that means) and asked to have the beer replaced. The price of the beer was not taken off the bill and we were told that he had the option of buying a sample of the beer before buying (guess we know for next time).

The other beers were good, but since it was close to a beer release day, the selection was limited.

Atmosphere was nice, clean and the service was very good...however, overall, not impressed enough to go back again.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been here before once. We sat in the bar area and played trivia. It was a nice time but I wanted to come back for food. This time we sat in the dining area behind the bar. Totally different expirence. The bar area is nice. The dining area was quiet and cozy. I had the pastrami dip and it was excellant! My girlfriend had a pulled pork burger combo. It was good but a little too much. We thought the burger would have a little pulled pork on top to flavor but it had a lot of it and made the whole thing really hard to eat. The French frys were terrible. They were really greasy and bland. The drinks are priced really well and they have some amazing beers. We will defiantly be back for the pastrami and maybe the rubin. Hold the frys please.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

So it was not TripAdvisor's #1? We thought it was great: excellent food, service, atmosphere, beer, fun, etc. And what a cool old building! Haven't tried the ones above it, but go here, vote, and move it up the list!

1  Thank Laura L
Reviewed December 9, 2012

It's hit or miss. Sometimes the food is really good and other times it is below average. This seems to be the trend with the service, as well. While I'm complaining, I prefer my beer ice cold. I'll be back.