“What a disappointment”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2010

After reading the rave reviews we drove 30 miles and were very disappointed. I believe the very good reviews were writen by friends or relatives. It was not bad, but neither was it good. The salad looked like it came from a grocery store mixed greens bag. After asking for water, it came in plastic glasses. We each received one small roll and no bread. The meals were no better than fair. The service was good. Don't go there is you expect a good Italian meal.

2  Thank monroejerry

Reviewed May 9, 2009

Sebastiano's has excellent reviews, so we decided to give it a try, for an early dinner.
Quiet, small place, clean.
Attentive server, fast and polite.
Narrow variety on the menu, veal is completely missing. VEAL MISSING from an ITALIAN menu? No lamb, no eggplant parmigiana, no chicken piccata.
Mainly pasta dishes, sandwiches and pizzas.
I had a mushroom chowder, good, nothing spectacular.
My pizza was definitely undercooked, but the toppings were abundant and fresh.
The mushroom sandwich was tasty. I wish there was less bread and a different kind (real italian bread, with thick crust, like ciabatta, instead of the fluffy roll they offer); the mushrooms were really well seasoned and overall the sandwich was ok.

Maybe I just didn't try their best dishes, I'll give it another try and update my review.
The place is ok for a quick bite, but not for a special occasion, IMHO.

Reviewed March 9, 2009

I ate here on my weekend trip to Toledo. OMG, this is one of the BEST Italian restaurants I have ever been to. I live in NJ and we have many wonderful, small, Italian restaurants, as well as in the NY area. I am very fussy when it comes to Italian food, after being spoiled with such great restaurants. I am always hesitant to go to any Italian restaurant out of my area because I fear the quality. Well, I couldn't believe how wonderful our food was. We started off w/a warm brushetta w/toasted bread pieces-excellent. Then, I had a dish w/pasta, veggies and I requested they put salmon in it, which was not a problem. My friend had a different pasta w/veggies and a cream sauce and she requested adding chicken to it. The restaurant was very happy to prepare the food any way we wanted, which is ALWAYS a good sign. For dessert, we split a strawberry shortcake, which was devine. It wasn't your typical strawberry shortcake. It had vanilla ice cream sandwiched between vanilla cake, smothered in strawberry sauce and strawberrys and topped w/whipped cream. DELICIOUS! Wanted ot also try a Apple Bavarian slice of pie, but we just couldn't. Cappochino was great, too.....Forgot, we had martinis also.
Overall, this was a wonderful gastronomic experience. We asked our waiter to please tell the chef how wonderful everything was. His name is Seba, and he came out to say hello. Then, I find out he's from Italy !! NO WONDER the food was so good !! The restaurant is in a strip mall, and casual. Please go here and you will love the food. I'd really like to see this restaurant do well. It was such a treat and such a wonderful food experience. I wish I had more time, or else we would have gone another night for dinner. Thank you, Seba !! All the best to you!! :)

Reviewed March 1, 2009

Sebastiano's is a genuine family owned restaurant. The husband is the chef and the wife overseas the dining room and waits table. The food is excellent, great sandwiches (try the portabello sandwich) and delicious sauces for the pasta. There is a good choice of wines and homemade ice cream. Also the best cappucino I have had since I visited Venice. Location is convenient on a main thoroughfare, Heatherdowns boulevard, with extensive parking in the plaza. Decor is relaxed, attractive, sophisticated and service is prompt and friendly. Prices are moderate.

Reviewed February 2, 2009

It was the third visit last weekend. When we drive from Mishawaka, IN to visit our daughter and son in law, we end up a Sebastiano's. The food is authentic ... the Alfredo sauce to die for. Prices are middle ground, but the service and taste are top of the hill! We think what makes this restaurant so special is that it is locally owned and the owner is the chef. He really cares! The wait staff also helps to make this a special occasion.