“Very disappointed”

Cuisines: French, Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2009

We arrived at 4:00 and the parking lot was empty. We just assumed it was because it was still early. You enter a back door, walk into a run down entry way and pass this nasty kitchen. The cook was just standing in the kitchen doing nothing. There must have been something he could be doing.

We weren't greeted by anyone, and I asked the cook if we seat ourselves or what. All he did was grunt like a gorilla and point. I replied, "I'm sorry, I didn't understand you." He just grunted again and kept pointing, and finally he said a few words, "someone should be there soon." He appeared to be incompetent, under educated.

My husband and I then waited and spotted the waitress. The greeting was NOT impressive, seemed like everyone grunted around there. She never asked if we had a preference in seating. All she said was, "I'm going to seat you by the window."

The window close to our table had a bullet hole. The table was super sticky and so were the menus. The menus were worn out and it was hard to make out the words.

There was no music and the waitress sat just a few tables away from us, and we had to whisper, because we didn't want her to hear our conversation.

In the beginning of the service, the waitress didn't have good manners, however, as time passed, she seemed to lighten up and was more friendly and sociable and started to use manners.

So, we finally ordered and the waitress said the person that works the broiler isn't in yet to cook what we were requesting and that he would be there at 5:00. We then ordered the lasagna and the beef tips.

The food was disgusting. We kept hearing the microwave door and the beeping of the buttons, opening and closing and it was obvious it was our order because we were the only customers there.

Both entrées were super salty, rubbery, noodles for the lasagna were over cooked. The vegetables were NOT fresh, you could defiantly tell they were from a can.

Then we ordered a glass of one each and it was so so. We ordered dessert, baklava, and it was stale and hard. The menu stated it was warm, with drizzled caramel on it. It wasn't warm, and there was no drizzled caramel.

I ate roughly 2 table spoons of food, if that, of the entrees, at least I had dessert that was somewhat tasty.

We didn't even take home left-overs for our dogs, that's how nasty the food was.

They shouldn't open their doors if they aren't fully up and running, especially, if the main cook wasn't there yet.

It honestly was the worst food we have ever had at a resturaunt, honestly.

1  Thank fairenough38

Reviewed December 5, 2008

Wonderful, authentic Greek food. I have enjoyed everything that I have tried on the menu. Delish! Super reasonable prices.

Reviewed March 17, 2007

The parking lot was full when we drove up and I thought, good thing we have a reservation. We entered through a small back door that takes you past the kitchen adn into the dinning room. The dinning room was empty at 7:30 but we could hear a loud band playing upstairs. (St. Patricks Day)

After our initial seating, directly under the band, our table was moved to a quieter corner table near the windows. Our waritress was pleasant but a little underconfident. The dinning room slowly became about half filled as other dinners entered or wondered down from the upstairs celebrations.

Our food was very good. We ordered a flaming cheese appetizer, Saganaki to the traditional cheers of OPA!!!!! We also ordered a combo appetizer of hummus, Tzakki, and a third mystery dip about the consistency of mashed potatoes. All were very good , especially the hummus.

Our main entree arrived. I had roast leg of lamb that was more like lamb medallions and a combo of pistatsio(sp?) for $14.50. My wife had a greek salad a$6.95 and added extra olives and gyro meat for $2.50. The salad was huge with plenty of meat and olives.

I would highly recommend this restaurant and plan to go back and explore the other authentic Greek foods on the menu.

3  Thank neuf150