“Great place and the portions are always huge”
Review of Rumors

Rumors
Ranked #67 of 734 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American, Lebanese
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have been eating at this establishment for over 10 years- they have great food and the waitresses have always been tentative to are needs. I have never had a bad meal there and have always left with a full tummy and left overs to take home to boot,
If you are looking for good food, good prices and great service and if sitting at the bar - a cgreat conversation then stop by Rumors. If you are looking for linen tableclothes and a hostess to seat you - then go somewhere else.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is probably the dirtest restaurant I've ever been in. Its like something out of Kitchen Nightmares. The floors were so greasy it was difficult to walk, muddy prints, all manner of food debris and refuse littered the floor. The doors were sticky and falling apart. The menus were sticky. All the unused tables (and there were a lot of them.. the place was nearly empty) were dirty. What appears to be gunk resulting from decades of uncleaniness caked every crevise. I felt dirty just being there. We were very hungry and I love mediteranean food, but the longer we sat there, the more filth we saw. Unfortunately I had my children with me and I was trying in vain to keep them from touching surfaces. There are no crayons or placemats or anything to entertain little ones. Still I was determined to stick it out, praying we wouldn't get sick, until we saw their prices. I'd gladly pay those prices at a decent restaurant, but at a place dirtier than a truck stop diner where food poisoning is a legitimate concern, no way. So we offered to pay for our drinks and leave. The waitress was very pleasant and didn't charge us. Her customer service was the only saving grace of that experience.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Good med. food, and the biggest salads. I'd go back.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

While visiting my fiance's family in Toledo he says, "You want to eat some good greek food?" Are you serious? Ok I'm game....we took his mom and brother out for dinner on a Saturday night....Rumor's is a bar...well the center part is a bar...but not a noisey loud 20 something bar...it's a more laid back (except for the ONE drunk lady lol) older crowd..the seating is slightly raised around it. The menu is huge...which goes hand in hand with the portions! You will not be hungry. Gyros are amazing. The greek salad was possibly the best I've ever had...and the kabobs were tender and delicious! They give you pita bread when you sit down...we ordered hummus to go along with it. Worth every penny....we had so much food! The only downside was our waitress wasn't that great. If you needed anything you needed to flag her down, it wasn't busy she just wasn't that interested. When we needed refills on drinks I said "Can we get some refills?" She actually sighed and said "I guess." Oh well, at least the food was great.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

We absolutely love this restaurant!! We go there at least a couple times a month. Love the appetizers....food entrees....alcoholic beverages (best Long Islands in the city). The waitresses are all very personable - in fact we've become friends with all of them. I can't say one bad thing about the place!

Been to Rumors? Share your experiences!