“Not Like it Used to Be”

Ranked #196 of 719 Restaurants in Toledo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

It had been more than a few years since I had been to this once very good establishment. I was in Toledo for business and was in the neighborhood so decided on a return trip. I was underwhelmed at my lunch time visit. The establishment was understaffed--no one at the door to greet us, just 2 waitresses and one was doubling at the door. The drink orders were slow to be taken and slow to arrive. The delay in taking our meal order was also very slow. When the lobster bisque arrived I was confused by the color and apparent lack of cream. Others around me at other tables were returning their soup as theirs were not even warm. The main course--fettuccine Alfredo was improperly prepared such that the sauce was already separating within minutes after being set on my place. I cannot speak for the evening meal, but this establishment is not what it used to be. There are much better places to eat in that area of Toledo.

1  Thank JosephatFremont
There are newer reviews for Avenue Bistro

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The atmosphere was beautiful. Waitress was great. The food on the other hand was not so good. Had the lobster bisque and that was very good. Ordered the pizza and steak, it was so bland. No seasoning what so ever on the steak, mashed potatoes were cold and dry. The chicken on my pizza had no taste. If it wasn't for the salty olives that pizza would not have any taste. It was very disappointing and I will never go back.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Sorry, never got a menu, never got water, never saw our waitperson....manager seemed indifferent as we left.....never to go back

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This neighborhood restaurant is so well decorated that it's a real shame the food can't keep up with the atmosphere. The service is fine, the menu is great, but the food itself leaves a LOT to be desired. Could be a wonderful neighborhood treat but seems to be a big bar spot instead.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

This is not your average place to eat - it is BELOW average. Poor service; horrible food; awful place.