“Skeptical from the getgo”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #188 of 699 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Toledo, Ohio
“Skeptical from the getgo”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I once ate at this very same Red Lobster location several years ago and left angry that I wasted $15. Some colleagues of mine wanted to get together and have some dinner - the group voted and majority ruled for Red Lobster over the Olive Garden. I was willing to forget about my past experience with this restaurant and give it another chance --- I was wrong.

Our waitress seemed to have a difficult time taking a big order of eight entrees and a couple appetizers. We made sure to tell the waitress that everything will be on separate bills - more on this later. Our drinks didn't show up until 10 minutes after she asked what what we would like to drink and our appetizers didn't show up until 20 minutes after taking the order. I expect appetizers to come out 10-15 minutes, anything longer is not acceptable, especially when the restaurant is not busy. About 30 minutes after getting our appetizers, we got our entrees. I ordered the parmesan-crusted tilapia - it tasted awful. This definitely tasted as if my dish was sitting for a while before the waitress brought it out. The tilapia had a bad taste to it and I didn't even bother to finish it. After our dinner was done, we received one large bill and we specifically asked for separate bills before we even ordered our drinks. So the waitress had to break down the bill and she goofed that up; it took her a few attempts before getting it right. Once we finally got it right, we were able to pay, but she charged the wrong card to the wrong meal for a couple of guys.

All in all, a bad experience from the staff to the food. Red Lobster sure does charge a pretty penny for below average seafood. I was skeptical of going to begin with and I should've listened to my instincts. There are better and healthier options in Toledo.

• Visited July 2012

“July 4th, no fireworks there.”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Understaffed, undertrained, underwhelmed. Why is it understaffed? Isn't unemployment high?

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Gem4321
Sylvania, OH
“Television Ads are Very Deceiving, Brown Lettuce, Dry Seafood, Dissappointment”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Went to Red Lobster for my Sister's Birthday. Cheddar Bay Biscuits are much smaller than they used to be and didn't taste near as good. Salad had brown tinged iceburg lettuce. Onion rings were burnt and seafood was overcooked and dry. My husband had cajun seasoned fish that was mushy. Didn't complain to the waittress as we didn't want to ruin the mood and evening for our Sister. Not worth the money. Won't be going back.

• Visited December 2011
“cheap food, rotten portions, bad drinks”
Reviewed December 8, 2006

Red Lobster is a poor imitation of a Lobster House. I will never eat there again.

1 Thank neuf150