“Where have the good steaks gone?”

Applebee's - W Central Ave.
Ranked #331 of 698 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toledo, Ohio
“Where have the good steaks gone?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Mother's Day dinner, not too crowded, very little wait. Hostess needs better training.....did not acknowledge us for 15 mins. and only addressed us when people in my party asked me a question. Before dinner cocktail was plentiful and delish. Appetizer new wonton taco good, but too much bbq sauce (better served on side). Tried the new citrus lime sirloin...UGH, ordered it medium came to table medium well and tough. The overwhelming flavor of cumin on steak not good. Never again and I will stick with my usual Bourbon Street steak.

• Visited May 2014

Holland, Ohio
“Very good for a chain restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We eat here frequently and have always found the food good and a staff who go out of their way to make your visit pleasant. We always find the food good and if something is not the way we wanted it, a fast correction is made. We find the restaurant clean and friendly.

• Visited January 2013
Temperance, Michigan
“Will never go back again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I used to like Applebee's about 10 years ago. Then it progressively kept getting worse each time I went. I finally gave up. The last time I went, the food was awful. From the appetizers, soup and main course. It wasn't just my food either. It was everyone's I was with. I barely ate anything. To top it off, it took forever to get our food. The only thing good was the server. She was very friendly.

• Visited November 2012
Midland mi
“Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Good food Good service Clean..... Would definitely go back

Visited May 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
“Don't care for the food or service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2005

I don't understand the reason why so many people think Applebee's is so great. I didn't care for the food or the service. Worst ribs I ever had. I guess a lot of people like bad food.

Haven't been there for quite some time and don't intend to ever go back!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member