“So Disappointed that I will not return!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #338 of 695 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Newport, Michigan
“So Disappointed that I will not return!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have dined at this TGI Fridays for a long time. Each time I have looked forward to a good experience and a good meal. This past Saturday I stopped in for lunch with my wife and was terribly disappointed.

The wait staff sets the tone, the tone set by our waiter was not the best. He seemed oblivious to anticipating anything we may have needed. Nothing was offered, it had to be requested.

I can get past that, everyone has a bad day...right. Unfortunately it did not end there.

We ordered an appetizer and requested that it be bought out with the meal that we were ordering at the same time. Why, because we ordered one lunch to share. Well it did not happen that way.

The appetizer came out without the lunch. 30 minutes later part of the lunch arrived. 30 minutes later we were informed that the rest of our lunch was not even started in the kitchen yet.

The nonchalant, matter-of-fact way that this was told to us was inappropriate. No mention of removing anything from the bill.

We requested our check and got out of there. Not sure if this is an isolated Saturday afternoon or a trend but unfortunately it was bad enough that we will not be back. There are plenty of restaurants around with good management that are willing to earn our business. We'll eat there.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Toledo, Ohio
“Fun and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I live pretty close to a Fridays, and so I do eat there a bit. Most times I get great food and service, however, I have had slow service in the evening.

The JD steak and ribs are the best (my opinion). I say away from their noodle dishes (had a bad one last time). Their hamburgers are good as well

They have a great drink selection, however, I would stay away from their long islands (made with sweet and sour mix!)

Over all Fridays is a great place for a meal, wont set you back mush in the pocket book, and good drinks.

Visited November 2012
Zeeland, Michigan
“Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I hate to eat alone, but being in the Toledo area for business, I sucked it up and went to Fridays for dinner. My server was absolutely phenomenal. He went out of his way throughout my dinner to make me feel welcome and keep me company. Their computers were down, so it took a while to get orders through, and my server kept coming back to my table, not just for the typical, "You still doing ok?" but seemed genuinely interested in ensuring I have a good time. He actually sat down with me at one point when he was between other tables and we shared a couple stories about college and work. The computer issue was slowing everyone's dinner down, and I witnessed a couple other tables complain to the manager. I had a great time chatting with my server and didn't mind at all that it took a little extra time to get dinner and a drink. I made sure to tell the manager how great this guy was and left a hefty tip. Thanks for the great meal and great company!

Visited July 2012
Delta, Ohio
“Fun and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great service and menu selection. I like to go on the weekdays when there is a wait to be seated.

Visited March 2012
Troy, Michigan
“Good Lunch Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

I have shied away from this chain because of repeat bad experiences at their store in BIRMINGHAM, MI. Unfair of me, I know, because so much depends on store management and staff. I came for lunch with my brother and had an excellent, unhealthy bacon and cheese burger with fries. Service was good and friendly. Prices reasonable. Pleasant atmosphere.

Visited May 2012