“Good food, good service, pricy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Revolution Grille

Revolution Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Revolution Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 695 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Glasgow Rd
Description: At Revolution Grille, we offer an adventurous and creative menu. You can expect the unexpected when it comes to flavor and style. This is a new take on American cuisine produced with classical techniques. We also support local growers and producers whenever possible and use all natural, hormone free products whenever available.
Ohio
“Good food, good service, pricy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I have been to Revolution Grille twice. Both time the food was very good, as was the service. The only concern we had was that the food was a bit pricey, but not outlandish. The first time we visited, I had the special - pork porterhouse with a bourbon bacon butter suace - simply one of the best meals I has ever eaten. One thing I really like, which I have seen at a few restaurants in Toledo, is the menu on a small computer. This allows a customer to get details about items on the menu, and even photos of the finished dishes - very nice. The chef does a great job with things I might pass over, such as brussels sprouts and beets. Overall I would definitely recommend this restaurant. One other thing - make a reservation if you go on Saturday night.

• Visited February 2013

Toledo, Ohio
“Great food...service needs some work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Four of us went to Revolution for an early dinner on Sunday, it was a little after 5pm and there was only another couple that was already there. After we were seated out waitress came over but acted like we were disturbing her. She spoke in a very quiet, monotone voice, never smiled, and seemed just very miserable and unpleasant. We all thought maybe she was just having a bad day? We ordered the pulled pork sliders and buffalo calamari for apps and both were very good. The entrees we ordered; braised medallions, chopped salad, perch piccata, and the chicken schnitzel were again all very tasty. I had the perch and it was some of the best perch I have ever had. We were going to stay for dessert, but decided to go elsewhere since we were made to feel like we were intruding. The service experience was very cold, odd and uncomfortable.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank katherine m
Sylvania, Ohio
“Qualtiy Dining with Very Unique Menu Option - Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My significant other and I travel all over the USA for business and take pride in finding restaurants with high quality food with unique menu options. We try to avoid the big national large portion high fat chain restaurants. We search TripAdvisor and other similar websites to find unique local menus offering quality food (usually locally grown or sourced) with appropriate size portions. We are long time fans of Main Street Venture restaurants based out of Ann Arbor, MI (as former Ann Arbor, MI residents and now Sylvania, OH residents) - they are well respected with their "distinctive eateries". If you are a long time resident of Toledo area, new to Toledo area, or visiting the Toledo area - look beyond the many national chains that dot our landscape. Toledo has a wonderful FOODIE restaurant community! Revolution Grille offers some SPECTACULAR FOODIE plates at affordable prices (same menu option in NYC or LA would be twice the price)! What a FANTASTIC addition to Toledo's Foodie restaurant options - we have dined there 4 or 5 times now. We are never disappointed and we have quickly discovered a couple favorites! On the small bites menu (which is EASILY a meal) we LOVE their Grilled Fish Tacos! On the entree menu we LOVE the Curried Chicken! The restaurant is small - you definitely need a reservation on the weekends (may even wait a little with a reservation). You can have a beverage at the bar because the food is well worth the wait! We have had some luck just walking in on a weeknight without a reservation. Bon Appetit and Enjoy!!

• Visited May 2013
Prescott, Arizona
“Upscale taste!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

You know when a chef turns Brussel sprouts into something divine you have a real winner! Crispy fried in a honey mustard sauce...simply amazing. Decided I'd try the beet salad (with arugula & goat cheese) - another winner (more amazing since I don't like beets!). Having tried two outstanding dishes, I wondered if Chef Rob took requests-he does.

We were told Chef loved to make up special requests, and accommodates a few plates every night. I asked for Steak Tartare.

Pure Bliss. I wanted to lick the plate it was do good.

Dessert was the amazing coconut cream pie.

All this is in Toledo, Ohio-all the more amazing. Prices were actually much lower than expected -most entrees were in the $20 range. Atmosphere was incredible; they've only been open about a year-it's a gorgeous place. Definitely will return when in town!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Overpriced, noisy, so so service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit here. We were underimpressed the first time but decided to give it a second chance. The service was polite but inattentive. We needed ice, sweetener, and drink refills. Waited and waited for server to come by. Salad was large but tasteless. Burgers are tasty but for $11.95 the whole thing was too drippy to enjoy. Kept having to wipe my wet hands; napkin got so gross, I couldn't put it back on my lap; no server to be found. The bartender finally came to offer help only to summon the server instead of getting what we needed.

If you like 21st century cool with a high noise level and don't mind so so service and overpriced food, go for it....

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Revolution Grille? Share your experiences!