“First Class Restaurant”

Final Cut Steak & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Final Cut Steak & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 719 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Oregon Rd.
Description: Final Cut Steak & Seafood is a contemporary American steakhouse featuring hand selected USDA Mid-Western Prime Beef, corn-fed and naturally aged up to four weeks to ensure maximum flavor and texture.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This restaurant located inside the Hollywood Casino was the best I have ever eaten in. Their service was impeccable. From the moment we walked in, we were assisted in our seats personally, given a fresh new napkins to each person (there were 7 in our party) individually. The waitress went over and explained everything in their menu. She made eye contact with each person and quickly and professionally answered any questions we had. The appetizers were magnificent, the bread delicious! There were separate servers that personally handled filling our beverages without anyone having to ask. So polite, so elegant are these fine young men. Our main meals were plenty, no one left hungry that's for sure! And let's not forget dessert.....to die for!! This is definitely a 6 star restaurant (if there is such a thing). Never have I been to such a great restaurant!! I would love to go back there one day!!

1  Thank Rosemarie S
There are newer reviews for Final Cut Steak & Seafood

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Outstanding restaurant inside the Hollywood Casino. The Toledo area has never seen such a fine restaurant.

Top of the line food and service. Very quiet despite the noise of the casino, plan on about 2/12 to 3 hours for a leisurely unhurried dinner. Wine and drink list in on a iPad. In keeping with the theme of the casino the decor is glass-encased niches with dress of Hollywood celebs: Monroe, Liberace, Elvis etc.

One can chose from a variety of steak cuts, sizes and quality. We've been there twice and both times I had the crab cakes as an appetizer, the green goddess salad and the 10oz. filet. Superb.

Service was attentive but not hurried, everything is a la carte and wait staff is very knowledgeable.

This is a great restaurant for couples, Valentines or entertaining guests. I recommend having a reservation and specify a booth which is cozy and can seat up to 4 comfortably.

It's not inexpensive. Plan on about $100 a person to experience all they have to offer, but it's worth it if you can afford it.

They will keep doggie bags in the cooler until the restaurant closes if you want to roam around the casino but I recommend eating there early, about 7pm and taking in the casino afterwards.

We have gone dressed up but there is no dress code since many casino "winners" eat there using their winnings.

They do take reservations online and will "remind you" via email.

1  Thank Carol G
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were very excited for our visit to Final Cut...only to be disappointed in the end.

The four of us (husband and I, another couple) had a 7:30 reservation and arrived right on time, seated immediately. We started by ordering a bottle of Grand Traverse Pinot Gris to enjoy with our appetizers. It was served room temperature. Strike One. We decided to order two appetizers (calamari and tator tots). When we asked our server if we could put the appetizer order in while we decided on dinners, she said, "No, the chef likes us to put the entire order in at once so he can pace the meal". Sounds reasonable...so we waited and ordered everything at once. After placing the order, we were presented with a beef tartare plate, complements of the chef, and a bread basket. All was great..we were getting excited! Our appetizers arrived a short time later and were okay. The calamari was decent, but bland. The tator tots had an interesting texture and were LOADED with green onion. It was overpowering.

Next were the entrees...or so we thought. We waited an HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES in between appetizers and the main course. Good thing our entire order was placed at once so the chef could properly pace our meal. By the time our entrees arrived, it was nearly 9:30. We had been at the restaurant for close to two hours at this point. Two of the four steaks were ordered were requested to be medium and medium well. Both were closer to medium rare. The bearnaise was bland and very runny (not a thicker consistency like we're used to). The garlic mashed potatoes were fine, but they're potatoes...you can't do to much to them. The mac and cheese was disgusting. The cheese sauce had a very strange bacon-y flavor. I knew bacon was used in the sauce but this was excessive....and we love bacon. We didn't eat it at all. We didn't even finish the steaks as they were not prepared to our liking and our server disappeared after our entrees arrived. At this point, we were over it. When we were finally able to flag down our server, we just asked for the bill.

My husband and I had one bottle of Michigan wine, one appetizer, two mid western filets, and two sides and paid $175 (with tip). We were so disappointed. I am all for paying for a great meal, but I paid almost $200 for a meal I could have had at the local Outback. On a positive note, the interior of the restaurant is beautiful. We had a lot of time to check it all out.

We will not return.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Final Cut wants to be a five star restaurant and the local paper thinks it is. My guess is there is not one person working in the entire casino (or the paper) that has ever been to a five star restaurant. There is a big difference between a restaurant where you go to eat and one where you go to dine. When we were there we went in hungry when we walked out we were full. I can get that at Burger King. The local paper rated Final Cut five stars, therefore, our expectations were very high. Maybe if we had been told that Final Cut reminds them of a fancy Loan Star we would not have been as disappointed.

Let's talk about the staff. There is a person, probably the manager, wandering around the restaurant with no apparent mission or clue. One thing you rarely see in a five/four star restaurant is a fat wait staff. Although they did ask how it was going as they walked by. It was almost funny they started asking at one side of the table and stopped talking as they passed the other side. It was almost cliche.

You want the wait staff to be slim so you don't think "if I have desert or wine I am going to look like that." And, even if they are fat they can be well pressed and presentable. Ours, although pleasant enough, was neither. At any five star restaurant the staff knows the menu both the food menu and the wine list. The wait staff does not need to be able to describe the $300+ wines and that was not the price range in which I was interested. But, telling a customer that they had not tried several of the $60 to $80 wines is not helpful. They may think about getting a sommelier as any good restaurant has.

Let's talk about the wine list. Kind of pedestrian a little overpriced, especially for a casino. Let them drink a bottle or two of good wine and they might just forget that casinos don't make their money from winners.

The food. We had the specialty of the house steak. Not up to par with other good steak houses and certainly not up to par with a four or five star steak house. The steaks were cooked pretty good but the orders were messed up. My wife got mine, we just switched. Again, not one person among the several that saw us do this mentioned it. They have a rub that they put on all their steaks. I expected . . . I'm not sure what I expected but I have figured out how they make their rub. Tons of salt. I was told that we could have ordered it without the rub (salt). I guess it never dawned on anyone to ask if we would like these hosed down or exchanged. We each had desert, they were great, the highlight of the evening.

In summary, the staff, while nice, is VERY poorly trained. This is not their fault it is the fault of management. The wine list is nothing special, although they do give you an ipad and let you find your wine on that no recommendations to personalize it. A little tacky. The food is nothing to write home about. Overall I think they are on a par with Lone Star or Texas Roadhouse. These are both good restaurants and they know what they are, they provide a good meal (might even be better than final cut) at a good price and they are not trying to be a five star restaurant. So my advise is to go to one of those restaurants and you will get better service, and very comparable food. And, you will save $100.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We ate there for my daughters birthday and it was excellent. Our steaks were cooked exactly as we ordered them. Potatoes ware delicious. The service was perfect. At the end of dinner the server brought a special dessert for my daughters birthday. The appetizers were a bit small but tasty. It wasn't cheap, but as good as any other steak house I have ever been to. Will go again if ever back in Toledo.