“Another disappointing meal”

Final Cut Steak & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Final Cut Steak & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 703 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Oregon Rd.
Description: Final Cut Steak & Seafood is a contemporary American steakhouse featuring hand selected USDA Mid-Western Prime Beef, corn-fed and naturally aged up to four weeks to ensure maximum flavor and texture.
Ohio
“Another disappointing meal”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is my third visit to Final Cut, and it will be my last. After 2 previous, very average visits (at very above average prices), I was convinced to give it one more try, and really wanted to like it. I felt I must have had exceptions to the rule with my first experiences, due to all the positive reviews.

As I said in previous review, the service, and the atmosphere are first rate. Our server was completely excellent.

The food was the issue. The calamari we had did live up to billing - some of the best anywhere. As for the main course, this is the third steak we have gotten, and while it was a wonderful piece of meat (prime filet) it was so salty, that was all that could be tasted. We also ordered the fish of the day, a snapper encrusted in a wasabi coating. The coating was just right, and not overpowering, but again, the fish was just not good. It was totally bland and tasteless, and pretty dry. Had I peeled away the coating, and attempted to eat the fish, it would not have been good.

Sorry, but at the prices charged, and the disappointing entrees I have received, I will not be back again. I will hope for improvement.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Michael1964

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Top Quality”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

For those of you that might be in the Toledo Ohio area and want to enjoy a fantastic meal, I highly recommend the Final Cut Steak House in the Hollywood Casino Toledo. The steaks there just melt in your mouth and the sides are exquisite. Great wine selection and very relaxing but elegant decor. It has been my experience that the service is top quality as I have not had any issues there at all after 5 visits. On certain Sun. Mon. and Tues., they have a great deal called 3 for 30. It takes the sting out of the normal pricing if you want to keep cost down but quality up. All in all, it is definitely one of the best special occasion places in the city of Toledo.

Toledo, Ohio
“Top Quality Food and Service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We hadn't been to the casino at all and since I had heard this restaurant was very good, I decided to take my husband there for his birthday. I made reservations in advance and put a note into the online reservation request about my husband's birthday. The day of our reservation, someone from the restaurant called me to say that he would receive a complimentary dessert.

We arrived early and went to the lounge for a drink and appetizer. The bartender made recommendations for a beer that I hadn't tried that was great and steered us in the direction of the cheese tray for a snack. His service was great and his recommendations spot on.

We then transferred to the dining room. The hostess and servers wished my husband a happy birthday by name (which made him nervous, but I thought was a nice touch). From that point, the service and food were just perfect. We chose steaks from the Prime category. My husband's filet was the best we have ever tasted. My bone-in NY strip was quite good, but I am not convinced it was worth the price of the upgrade. All in all, the presentation of everything we ordered, the impeccable service, ambiance were all very VERY good. We will definitely be back for other special occasions.

Columbus, Ohio
“first cut”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

i enjoyed every ounce of my meal. i ordered the 8oz filet & took some home. it was just as good cold the next day. I ordered it medium and it was cook perfectly. Very pricy, and just as good as Rockwells.

• Visited April 2013
Holland, Ohio
“Room for improvement”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I really wanted Final Cut to live up to its positive reviews. It was a lovely experience in terms of décor, ambiance and special touches by the staff. The best in Toledo for a special occasion. The food did not live up to the lovely surroundings. Fresh baked bread with balsamic butter and butter with truffle salt were a treat. The balsamic butter was truly unique and delicious and the truffle salt butter was a nice touch. We had the oysters on the half shell and crab cakes for appetizers. The oysters were fresh but small with modest flavor. The crab cakes are the best in Toledo. Large chunks of crab served with an uninspired aioli sauce. The main course consisted of the Midwestern corn fed filet and the pork chop. The filet was requested rare and it was closer to medium rare. It was reasonably tender and flavorful with minimal seasoning. The pork chop was prepared medium rare as requested. It could have used more seasoning. The gooseberry jam was delicious. Sides were the mac and cheese and roasted mushrooms. Nothing special here. The mushrooms could very well have come from a can. No indication they were fresh or other than button mushrooms. Dessert was candy apple caramel custard with stained glass sugar cookies. The presentation was clever and required skill to execute. It was, however, painfully sweet. One does not come to a place like Final Cut with a budget in mind but comparing the bill to a recent visit for the same menu at another local restaurant brought it home. The meal at the other restaurant, particularly the beef, was better quality at less than half the price.

1 Thank citizenoftheworld55