“Nice casino for the state of Ohio”

Hollywood Casino Toledo
Ranked #11 of 79 things to do in Toledo
More attraction details
Owner description: Hollywood Casino Toledo is located on Miami Street, just off I-75 on the banks of the Maumee River. Hollywood Casino Toledo has over 2,000 slot machines, 60 table games and a 20 table live poker room. It also features the Final Cut Steak & Seafood, Scene Sports Bar & Grill, Epic Buffet, Take 2 Grill & H Lounge featuring live entertainment. Hollywood Casino's gaming floor is smoke-free.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I recently went to the Hollywood Casino during my latest trip to Toledo. I must say it is nice little casino and much better than the casino in Cleveland! It is simple, well laid out, and a good time overall!

They had 10 dollar table games available on a Friday night which is totally awesome along with some higher dollar games as well, the staff is very helpful and friendly to those patrons who don't understand the games very well also which is another plus.

Free soft drinks and coffee via dispensers is a nice touch as well since you don't have to wait for someone to bring you something. However the major drawback, and this is a big one if your an alcoholic beverage drinker, is that the alcohol prices are INSANE...5 bucks pre-tip for a standard domestic beer on draft or bottle. Wow! Went with someone who is used to casinos giving away free drinks so this was the big negative of the place.

Parking is free and easy to get in and out of the place right of I-75. If you like to gamble and are in Toledo hit up this casino for a good evening, just drink before you get there and save yourself a few bucks!

3  Thank LightningSnoop

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The first time I went to Hollywood Casino I was very angry I brought 500 dollars and lost it all in a matter of 1 hour I was mad. So I didn't go back for a month. OMG when I went back mind you after my first visit they have been giving me comps. Banging comps.one time they gave me 1200 in one month free slot play. 300 dollars a week . This is the kicker that week I used there money I won 10000 dollars in ine night. And since then I won another 3000. And I also like No smoking or people standing aound watching me gamble. Thank you hollywood casino you are the best

5  Thank fitnae
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This Casino is a joke. Don't waste your time or money going here just head to Detroit if you want to have a chance at winning anything or at least any seat time on any slot machine.
We had some family from out of town wanting to go check it out and make a evening of it. We warned them ahead of time that Hollywood Casino in Toledo does not pay well and if you by some small chance win, Toledo taxes you on anything $1200.00 and up. And we warned them Hollywood Casino in Toledo comps are a joke as well. (No free buffets, No free hotel rooms, etc) But those family members wanted to give this place a shot. With the odds of 8 people in our party with a $1000 each someone would at lease break even or come ahead plus that was more then enough cash to last all evening and then some. Might I add we were all playing $0.01 slots machines. 10- 15 minutes later everybody was broke! Yes,10-15 minutes on a penny machine! Never knew it was possible to put a $100 dollar bill in a $0.01 machine and not hit a single cherry! Every machine was like that. When someone in our party did hit ( very rare) on your $3.00 bet it paid like $0.04 to $0.16! Are you kidding me! Needless to say we will never be going back. The odds are the worse I or anyone in our party have ever seen. So we all left Hollywood Casino in Toledo and went to Motor City Casino in Detroit. Needless to say it was like night and day difference. We all went and got a few hundred each to take to Motor City Casino in Detroit. We all were able to play all night long (9 hours) on a few hundred we took and a few in our party actually won back what they lost in Toledo, but the ones that didn't win at lease had hours of seat time on $20 - $40 bucks.

Hollywood Casino in Toledo may look nice and have a nice lay out but it is far from any place you will want to gamble with your money unless you like feeding slots machines with no chance of any reasonable return in either pay or seat time.

The $10 bucks in gas is well worth the trip to Detroit.

The amount of people that were in the Hollywood Casino in Toledo was maybe 150 if that vs the amount in Motor City Casino in Detroit which was around 3000 or more on a Saturday night around 9:30 PM should be an eye opener to Hollywood Casino in Toledo that people aren't going to play where the odds are so bad and the machines just eat you alive with no seat time at a machine.

And the last slap in the face from Hollywood Casino in Toledo was the comps. After wasting $1045.00 in their slots I got a whopping total $ 0.92 in comps for their gift shop and restaurant and no cash back ! WOW! Can we say GREEDY!

10  Thank Dan P
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We actually visited earlier in the year. Place was clean and not very populated but it was a weekend early morning visit 10am ish. I don't consider the food namely buffet food priced comparatively to what I've found in Las Vegas. The casino's make there money on gambling not food and drinks out west. One BIG negative is no onsite accommodations. For me that's a deal breaker when it comes to casino's. When I gamble I want to gamble, eat, drink and sleep all in the same location. This is not an option at Hollywood Casino Toledo. Being non smoking is awesome. Parking and access are incredibly easy.

Again I want a casino with everything to include a indoor pool, hot tub area. The casino is losing half of its profits do to lack of lodging for players. I'm amazed that wasn't in the build plan. It's a clean casino and that's all I can say about it. I'll return if I'm passing through. I wont make it a leisure destination. I'll go where they have rooms for an overnighter.

2  Thank K H H
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I traveled with my friend from Flint (I'm from Detroit) to check the casino out. Wanted to see what the hype was. All I can say is that Hollywood Casino owes me gas money. I was worried when I drove into the parking structure and noticed I could park anywhere because it was empty...on a Saturday night. The slots were very tight I went from one end to the other in less than 3 minutes. There should be hotels attached so I could have stayed overnight because I didn't want to drive back. The closest hotel was the Days Inn across I-75...no comment on that place. I might come back, but it will be a while. Hollywood still can improve. It has time.

3  Thank Jacques T