“Not a Good Bet”

Hollywood Casino Toledo
Ranked #9 of 77 things to do in Toledo
More attraction details
Owner description: Hollywood Casino Toledo is located on Miami Street, just off I-75 on the banks of the Maumee River. Hollywood Casino Toledo has over 2,000 slot machines, 60 table games and a 20 table live poker room. It also features the Final Cut Steak & Seafood, Scene Sports Bar & Grill, Epic Buffet, Take 2 Grill & H Lounge featuring live entertainment. Hollywood Casino's gaming floor is smoke-free.
Macomb, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not a Good Bet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I visited the Hollywood Casino in Toledo OH in late July 2012 and we were pretty disapponted. We won't be going back. Here's why: 1) Really tight slots. 2) Video Poker machines have really bad pay tables. 3) No single or double-deck BJ. (Note that if you know anything about gambling, these three things alone sceam 'rip off'). 4) Website does not even mention that it is a 'smoke free' facility. 4) They'd been open for about two months when we visited but they were apparently having problems trying to figure out how to manage players club sign ups efficiently. When we finally figured out where to go (a 'temporary' set up at the other end of the casiono) they did not offer any incentive for signing up, and their sign up form did not ask for email addresses. Seems a bit odd in this day and age that they'd rather spend money on postage instead of sending out promos via email.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Gene V

Lima, Ohio
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A Dramatic Improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I did not like the Hollywood Casino in Indiana - it was cold, uninviting, and dark. So, imagine my surprise at visiting the new casino in Toledo - it is one of the better designed casinos I have been to. The rooms are bright, airy, and are layed out cleanly. You can walk between any 2 casino features quickly, without feeling like you are in a mouse maze. My favorite feature: free Coke product, available self-serve. If you're just getting a pop, why wait for the waitress, when you need to get up and stretch anyway? The parking garage is easy to access - so save the $5.00 valet unless you need pampering. And how are the tables? Well, this writer came home with more than he arrived with, but I would venture to say that most gamblers are not as fortunate. The staff does need to work on the cashier cage: it took forever to cash out at days end. Still, a very good time - and I suggest checking it out.

Visited November 2012
Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mixed Feelings on Hollywood Casino”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I gambled two days/nights at Hollywood Casino and there are things we liked and disliked about the casino:
What we liked:
1. Smoke free - nice to go to a casino and not leave with a headache and sinus problems due to all the people smoking.
2. Slot layout - probably the best laid-out casino I've been to in terms of slot layouts, ton of room between slots, never bumped into anyone like most casinos.
3. Safety - always felt safe and there were tons of security everywhere we went.

What We Diskliked:
1. Poor Service - this was due to the only bar service being in the center. Where are all the side bars/lounges to "chill out" or play video poker? Even greasing the waitresses/bartenders with $5 tips per drink didn't improve the service.
2. Weak drinks - for us liquor drinkers, I have no problem paying steep prices if the drinks are strong or more than the one shot they give per drink. And when I tip $5 per round and get poor service plus weak drinks, that is uncalled for.
3. Poor choice of slots - now this is totally subjective and some of you will laugh, because they do have a lot of penny slots which I love. However, they have very few of the taller penny machines with bonus wheels on top and the "better" penny machines with the bigger bonuses. Where are the Reels of Dublin machines? Golden Chariots? Ruby Reds? Wheel of Fortunes?
I'm an avid gambler in Michigan, Vegas, and Biloxi - where there are tons of "tall" penny machines with wheels and bets that allow you to win big, almost none here.
4. Absolutely horrible, repeat horrible, video keno/video poker games - Four Card Keno only available on 25 cents machines with one quarter max bet? Is this a joke? And only a small bank of nickel machines with Multi-Card Keno - no other denominations. And no multi-play video poker machines whatsoever. They are obviously afraid someone might win big or they would have multi-card machines here.

Having said all that, I won one night and lost the other so my bad items aren't about the tightness of the slots whatsoever like other reviewers, just the selection themselves. This could be an awesome casino if they add some side bars/other bar stations to improve the service, and get a better selection of slot machines and some multi-play video poker/keno machines.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank b4winns
Rossford, Ohio, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Love Hollywood Casino!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Parking is plentiful and all under cover.
There are three restaurants. A casual cafe, Vegas Style Buffet, and Wonderful Full Service Restaurant. I have eaten at all three and the food and service is great! I highly recommend all three.
I play slots and they have a huge variety. If you have a favorite slot there is a computer display at the garage side entrance where you can look up your favorites. I don't play table games but they are always hopping.
Staff is friendly.
Casino and restaurants are very clean.
If you are traveling it is in Toledo Ohio, just off I-75 Exit 199 Miami Street, and a few minutes drive to the Ohio Turnpike.
Hope you love it too!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank im_2happy
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“it was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I like this place, not much to offer, but it was great night. everything seems good nothing else to say but it was good and i would recommend to people.

Visited June 2012