“Good luck getting any directions”

Oak Openings Preserve
Ranked #6 of 78 things to do in Toledo
Santa Fe, New Mexico
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 298 helpful votes
“Good luck getting any directions”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The website describes things we did not find. We stopped at the offices of the preserve and no one there (four people) could direct us to a trail. Two workers told us to "follow the tire tracks" which proved to be a very unsatisfactory experience. One said there were trails but he didn't really know how to find them and we should "just go out that way" (into an open field). There was a sign in back of the office that described a trail but there was nothing apparent but tire tracks in overgrown grass that petered out after a thousand feet or so. We didn't have time to keep hunting.

Visited June 2013

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Park In The Area. Hands down”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to this park Since Reed Rd ran all the way through. I love that most of their trails are covered with mulch. It's beautiful, quiet, and filled with miles of trails to get lost in! This park will always be #1 in my heart.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank safire674
Toledo
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Just o.k. park”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have been to almost all of the Toledo Metroparks and I must say that Oak Openings is my least favorite. Almost all the trails(except for the bike trails) are sand and unpleasant to walk through. I would recommend a different park in the area( Such as Wildwood or Sidecut) Overall, not an awesome park.

Visited June 2012
Augusta, Georgia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great park for a walk, run, cycling, or picnic!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and I have been to Oak Openings several times a year. There are miles and miles of trails for running and a beautiful pond for picnicking!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank TravelMom29212
Bradenton, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This park is so pretty! I have celebrated birthdays here, had picnics, took long walks, etc. I have so many memories from here!

Visited May 2012

Been to Oak Openings Preserve? Share your experiences!