“The Best and the Worst at Doc Watson's”
Review of Doc Watson's

Doc Watson's
Ranked #2 of 42 Nightlife in Toledo
Reviewed October 11, 2008

This bar is tops on my bar crawl list as a Southender .Never had a bad meal there and I have had just about everything on the list except steak.
The Best beer?--Try the Bell's Oberon Draft in the summer months --it is to die for!The Village Idiot also has it in Maumee.
The worst part!--They took away our smoking priveleges (the State of Ohio) and strictly enforce it.I use to love to smoke a fine cigar and have a draft and some finger foods with my buddies but no more-It's just one more freedom the pleasure police have taken away from our community gathering place!!
I wish they had a patio bar with outside heaters an outdoor plazma screen and huge cigar ash trays!!They definitely would see my Visa card more!!

2  Thank Greenexpert

Reviewed June 2, 2008

Looking to grab a bite and a beer? Doc's is the place. The menu offers a wide selection (more than the typical bar fare) and food is cooked to order. The burgers don't disappoint and the house specialties are equally good. Portions are large (leftovers are always a plus if you plan to stay after dinner and imbibe). Beer specials are the norm, even on weekends, though regular priced drinks can get costly. Bartenders/servers are casual and friendly. The atmosphere is laid back, but the place does get crowded after 10pm. Life music on weekends (minimal cover if any).

In sum: a casual place to meet with friends--a regular spot for me and mine.

P.S. Doc's serves great breakfast ! (though depending on how much you enjoyed yourself, it may not be a welcomed early morning reminder of the previous night. . . .)

2  Thank TheToledonian
Reviewed February 21, 2008

I LOVE the fresh cut fries!!!! & they have GREAT burgers!
Small setting but friendly staff & I even met the owner
Charley (super nice guy) he came up & introduced himself
& checked on how the food & service was...
Great experience I would recommend it!

1  Thank chadwic
Reviewed December 1, 2007

The Turkey Reubens are the best in the world - move over deli meat, this is real turkey!
Plus they have a Ms. Pacman machine

1  Thank isabeaublue
Reviewed August 24, 2007

To the previous commentor...don't go to a bar to get steak! Geesh! It's a bar!!! Doc's does just about everything well if you consider that's it's "bar food" (which I love). Homemade fries, great fried fish, and an amazing selection of sandwiches. The turkey reuben and DiCarlo are to die for. The chicken and tuna salads are great. Lighter fareof salads are large and so fresh (homemade dressings...the blue cheese and ranch are some of the best I've had). Their nightly specials are a tribute to the creativity of the cooks. But if you don't believe me about the food, just go there for the vibe. It's a friendly place where you can be yourself...good people watching with no pretention. The best time is to belly up to the bar and talk to a regular. Lots of character at Doc's!

2  Thank SuzandTrace