“Yoga in the Park”

Toledo Botanical Garden
Ranked #8 of 79 things to do in Toledo
More attraction details
Owner description: A recreated pioneer garden is a highlight of this huge botanical garden, with acres of fragrant meadows and wildflower, rose and herb gardens to stroll though.
Cape Coral, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Yoga in the Park”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I love to do Yoga in the Park in the stone wall area in the southwest corner of the Park. It was quite an experience when the geese went over head in the fall, beautiful skies and clouds. It was cool so we used blankets to cover up and our mats to lay on. There were candles all around the brick wall, very effective and breath taking sight to see.

Visited October 2013

Swanton, Ohio, USA
“Beautiful Toledo Botanical Gardens”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I visit the Toledo Botanical Gardens a couple of times a year with my 9 year old grandson. It is a place we both enjoy visiting. Being an avid gardener, I can't get enough of the beautiful gardens and huge potted annual arrangements scattered around the grounds. My grandson loves watching the ducks, geese and swans in the large pond and stream. It has many beautiful areas for photo backgrounds, including sculptures, arbors and my favorite hidden garden area with a stone and gate entry.
We have also visited many of the Botanical Gardens events scheduled througout the year. My husband and I enjoy the Jazz concerts during the summer, the annual Crosby Festival of the Arts and the Plant Sale every spring. They have many art studios for adult and childrens classes, however, I have never attended any of these. Something I must put on my to-do list. There is something for everyone at the Toledo Botanical Gardens, you won't be disappointed.

Visited August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“go just for the herb garden”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Little gem of an herb garden and hosta collection, the overall park needs some work. We're into gardens and seek them out in other cities. As it was free and therefore has a lack of funding it was obvious they needed more maintenance. Not much to the rose garden, Ok perennial garden, lots of space with not much to see. Then we found the herb garden maintained by the Maumee Valley Herb Society and it was incredible. Very well taken care of, boxwood knot garden in perfect condition. As a "herbie" this was worth it. Next to the herb garden was a huge hosta collection. This too was surprising compared to the main park. Japanese water features. It seemed as if two different groups of people maintain the two different areas. If you are in Toledo for something else and have an extra hour, it's worth the trip.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank kittycanuck
Buffalo, New York
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Excellent Botanical Garden”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Everything was beautiful. Besides beautiful flowers, plants, and trees, there is a part that has arts and crafts, mostly made out of blown glass and stained glass. I loved it! The admission is free, but they accept donations. This is a must see.

Visited August 2013
Toledo, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Toledo Botanical Garden”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

If you're interested in plants, this is a great place to go. Lots of groupings of plants and flowers. Beautiful trees! Water features. Has a wonderful juried art show in June. Opportunities for glass-blowing, herb growings.

Visited December 2012