“A wonderful little museum”

Toledo Firefighters Museum
Ranked #24 of 79 things to do in Toledo
More attraction details
Owner description: This working fire station from the 1920s houses a vast collection of vintage equipment, uniforms and antique fire toys. Toledo's first pumper, dating back to 1837, is on display.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We really enjoyed looking through this museum. It's not very big and is only open on Saturday, but I'm glad we stopped in. A nice tribute to the people who put their lives in danger to save others. Very nice people working the museum. Several old fire engines, old uniforms, etc. Very interesting.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This museun is steeped with Toledo history. A relative is showcased unfortunately for loosing his life to save another. Every not and again we like to visit to pay tribute to a family member.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I went with my grandparents and loved it. The museum is bigger inside than it looks outside and the former firefighters who lead the talks are full of passion. There's a lot of interesting old fashioned gear and I was surprised by the amount of memorabilia and time that people had donated to make it all possible. Very good experience, and free!

1  Thank erik t
Reviewed July 27, 2012

It is a great short trip that is intriguing. It is no amusement park but a nice setup and interesting to see. I would reccomend it for anyone of any age

Reviewed February 27, 2012

What a well kept secret this museum is. Having lived in Toledo over 30 years, I had no idea that such a jewel was here. Not far from Mancy's Restaurant, it is certainly worth the time. My grandsons (8, 5 and 3 years) all found elements that were interesting... as did we. A retired firefighter took us through the facility on a dreary Saturday afternoon. His enthusiasm and passion for the history of firefighting sucked us in. I had allowed my grandson's to bring our old digital camera and they helped themselves to photographing the experience. In the sleeping quarters they ran a drama of how to stay safe during a fire - my wife loved it!