“clean, friendly, inexpensive....”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“clean, friendly, inexpensive....”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We needed 2 rooms in the area for 2 nights to attend a funeral service. It was comfortable, easy check in and out, very clean, and inexpensive. We were close to Ottawa Hills where we needed to be during our stay. It is also close to restaurants, Starbucks, drugstores, etc. Easy to find places to eat or grocery shop. Others have used the word "basic" and that is a good way of describing what a good value it is for when one just needs a decent place to stay away from home. It was COLD when we were there (15 degrees ) and the heater kept the room toasty and very comfortable. Our room was also very quiet.

Room Tip: I think I would ask for ground floor if you have trouble with stairs and I would ask for a room with...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words. We look forward for your next stay with us!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Detroit
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my 4th or 5th stay here. Like others have said here, it's a basic, clean motel room for a really great price. I always get the "superior" room with micro/fridge and a big worktable; it's well worth the extra few dollars. The location is what keeps bringing me back here - on a quiet side street close to 475 and only minutes from lots of great shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for the kind words! We look forward to your next stay with us!
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a very basic hotel in a nice location (in the Westgate area). If you want amenities (like a room with an inside entrance), you'll want to go somewhere else, and pay maybe twice as much. But if you're looking for clean, simple and cheap, this is it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about my inn, We look forward to your next stay with us!
Ohio
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This establishment has been my "hotel of choice" for the past 4 years when visiting my daughter who was a student at University of Toledo. It has always been a basic room but containing everything needed and most of all....clean. I have always loved the quick access to the university & being across the street from Scrambler Maries which is an excellent choice for breakfast. The staff has always been friendly & very helpful. I will miss all the good times that originated from my visits here:)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank OhioAlaska2008
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about my Inn, and staff. I will be sure to let them all read this review. Hope to see you again in your travels!!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed at this Red Roof Inn twice. The location has easy access to 475. The rooms are clean, well-maintained and affordable. The staff is courteous and professional. I remembered some of them from my previous stay.

I forgot a pair of shoes the last stay. The desk manager set them aside so some one could pick them up. No hassles. Very friendly.

I will stay there any time I overnight in Toledo., which could be often as one of our kids is attending UT a short two miles away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words, I will be sure to show this to the rest of my staff! We look forward to seeing you again in your travels.
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We rented two rooms. Both were very clean and tidy. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a decent sleep and have no complaints. We were on our way to Florida so we were driving for a long time and wanted a nice clean place to rest for the night. The front office area was also very tidy and clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you somuch for you kin word. We look forward to seeing you again during your future travels.
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Based on reviews, we actually had asked to see the room before we paid/decided to stay. Upon first entry, it looked ok -- nothing great (no frills), but clean -- the shower looked clean, the sink, and the bed... So, we paid for the room and got our key... Then we actually went to sit on the furniture -- I agree with the other reviews: the chairs at the little table were disgusting -- I wouldn't even sit on them, especially to eat. And when I pulled the bed cover back, I found a toenail clipping -- more disgusting. The sheets were stained -- it really made me question if the room had been cleaned since it's last guest. Personally, I wrapped myself in the sheet from our car that the dog had been traveling on, tucked my long pants into my socks and tucked my long sleeve t-shirt into my pants -- I was afraid to touch anything! Why stay you ask: we'd been driving for 12 hours already, and we were only going to sleep a few hours and had a long drive ahead of us for the next day.
On the positive, the people at the front desk were friendly, and for those who need hair dryers, they have them at the front desk - ask for it while you're checking in, and don't forget to chose if you need the safe.
One last comment: we'd just stayed at another Red Roof Inn in Erie, PA -- it was great -- again, no frills, but clean and a good stay -- it might be worth a quick trip to see what that team is doing differently!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Muppet_Boyz
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I am truly sorry you had to experience anything less than the room being cleaned to your satisfaction. Rest assured, that is not the normal routine here, and I will be investigating this. Thank you for making me aware of the situation. Red Roof Inns take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, and our ability to make sure our guests leave here happy. I hope that you will give us another shot the next time you are in the area, and need lodging.