“Nice upgrades”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Hermitage
“Nice upgrades”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stay at the Red Roof Inn Toledo-University hotel several times a year when we are in Toledo. Was pleased to notice during our last stay that the room had been redone. Nice new spreads, carpet and chair. This is always a good value for the price. Enjoy having access to the WiFi. Just wish you had a continental breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words, we are trying very hard to ensure all of our guests a clean, comfortable stay, seeing comments like yours shows us that we are accomplishing our goal. We look forward to seeing youagain in your future travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Toledo
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I always determine if a hotel meets my expectations. I am pleased to say that this hotel exceeded my expectations. Of course it's not a fancy hotel, but I did get a nice clean room with a comfortable bed. My expectations were exceeded by the manager and the staff. I needed to go to the University of Toledo and did not want to drive around looking for the building and find a place to park. The manager suggested since it was very close that I just take a cab and eliminate my worries. She ordered the cab (which was on time for my pick-up). The driver took me to the University and picked me back up and took me the hotel. A member of the staff phoned my room later to follow up with me and make sure that all went well.

Room Tip: This Red Roof has 3 floors with an elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I am so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations, and are looking forward to you staying with us again!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Very Central Location, Clean rooms and the Helpful staff that great you with a smile every time alway's makes this a great place to stay. I stay here at least twice a month. The new beds and carpet made my stay even better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words, we are working hard to make this property a comfortable, clean place to stay, and with comments like yours, we know we are accomplishing our goals! We look forward to seeing you agin in your travels!
Montrose, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were making a quick run to the midwest to visit family and liked the location. Decent shopping and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. My wife picked up a nice isotoner hat on sale at Elder Beerman's to combat the late december air off Lake Erie. They privided us a comfortable bed but was glad I'd brought a pillow from home. It was reasonably quiet on a tuesday night, they have exterior room entry doors and not the cleanest, there were crumbs in the drawers and goo on the bedside lightbulb but they do offer some amenities like free wi-fi and a value price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank yo for staying with us. I have had my housekeeping staff go and clean the room more thoroughly, I appreciate you making me aware of these issues. I apologize that yo ufound the room anything less than spotless. I look forward to seeing you again during your travels.
Emmaus
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We do a good deal of traveling. While I have heard of bedbugs in motels, and generally give a cursory inspection to the bedding when we get a room, I have never found them before. Fortunately there were only two bedbugs, and we spotted them crawling on top of the bedding before we were bitten or had any get into our luggage or clothing (I am writing this a few weeks after our trip, and so far we have not found any of the critters in our home).

The desk clerk seemed genuinely upset, and was very good about getting us another room far away from our original one, apologized profusely, and in the morning we were told that there would be no charge.

Otherwise it was a pretty nice room. I realize that travelers can bring bedbugs into even the cleanest and best run motels, but it really did creep me out.

1 Thank Bern666
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I would like to assure you, and anyone else reading this review, that we have had our licensed exterminator investigate this room, and no sightings of bed bugs at all were found. You are right, people do bring them in to even the nicest of places. Red Roof Inns take a very proactive approach to bed bugs, and are inspected frequently to avoid any problems. I am happy to hear that my staff moved you to a room you were more comfortable with. I hope you will give us a shot next time you are in town.
Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I would advise anyone that does not want to spend a lot of money on a hotel to stay at this place when they're in Toledo. It's right off the highway. It was cool for what I paid. My girl wasn't picky because she wanted to be with me and would rather I spent money on her a pair of shoes as opposed to the hotel. We got a nice, clean room, with a comfortable bed. The price was right and we had a great time!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words, we look forward to seeing you again during your travels.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here while attending a hockey game at the Huntington Center, which is in downtown Toledo. Driving time to downtown from this hotel was only about 15-20 minutes on a Friday evening around 6pm.
This hotel is your tyipical Red Roof property, a decent budget hotel with not many frills. Everything was clean, and worked as needed. No complaints about the hotel at all. There were several restaurants in the area, as we found out while looking for a place to eat breakfast. The hotel is easily accessible to/from I-475.
The only complaints I had were of things that the hotel has no control. The road directly in front of the hotel, Secor Rd., needs repaved immediately, and the guests in the room next to ours came and went throughout the late night and were quite loud.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
YDennison01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - University, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about my location. I enjoy seeing reviews from people who enjoyed their stay with us. Secor Rd. is currently being repaved as you may have noticed, we cannot wait for that to be done! We are truly sorry if other guests coming and going disturbed you, we do our best to try and put an end to that, but it is inevitable in any hotel i'm afraid. Thanks again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again in your travels.