“One of the top 10 zoos in the country!”
Review of Toledo Zoo

Toledo Zoo
Ranked #3 of 79 things to do in Toledo
More attraction details
Owner description: Get an underwater view of hippos at the Hippoquarium, the only such zoo exhibit in the world, and then move on to see the 500 or so other species of mammals, reptiles and birds.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I love our zoo! I have been there more times than I can count! I especially love that there is always something new going on. They are constantly making the zoo better through their renovations and new exhibits. A very nice zoo! If you are ever in the area, you must try it! Its one of the top 10 zoos in the country! The lights before Christmas are also very nice! Note: The aquarium is currently closed until 2015 due to renovations.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been to many zoos. Indianapolis, pittsburgh, John ball in grand rapids, Columbus and Cincinnati. Toledo zoo, by far, is still the best and one of the biggest I have been to.

1  Thank dawnaug
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Toledo Zoo creates a really family friendly environment and a nice selection of animals. Natural habitats seem to have been created for many of the animals, including the wildebeest, giraffe, kudus, rhinocerous and monkeys. There is a short train ride around the Africa savannah, and the grounds are well laid out. The day we were there, a number of exhibits were closed for renovation (early May), and few of the food concessions were open. Likely this will change later in the season. We had a fun couple of hours there. While it's not advertised, Membership in the Columbus Zoo will reduce admission by half.

1  Thank allezgently
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Unfortunately on our last visit the aquarium was closed and says it will be closed until 2015 :( but it was still great. We went to see the lights before xmas. Awesome. I can honestly say if you are in Toledo during the Christmas season and don't go checck this out, shame on you! but year round the zoo offers alot of neat stuff for kids and family fun. Check their calander for events. We just got a season pass and I can't wait to get out there!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I went with our daughter and her two children. It was so much fun! Our little grandson loves the wolves and the lions! We ate a really nice lunch at the Carnivore Cafe! We did not ride the train this time but have in the past and it is well worth the very reasonable price

1  Thank Shirley S

Been to Toledo Zoo? Share your experiences!