“My favorite place for lunch”
Review of The Cafe

The Cafe
Ranked #4 of 748 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American
Description: The Café and Patisserie are open for breakfast, lunch and petit four style deserts. The Café is a restaurant with a small bakery inside.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Every things is five stars; atmosphere, service and food. They are very creative with soups and quiches. They are always doing something diffrent each day and I have never been disappointed. If you like exploring something a little different, this is the place to go. For the more conventional people the rest of the menu is very nice too. My favorite salad is the Parisienne and for sandwitch it's the Croque Madame. During sumer I recommend the patio, perfectly shadded and protected from wind. A delicious little restaurant.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Trust me here! This place is Wonderful~Service with a smile, always polite and kind, and always smiling. Yes, indeed one of my favorite places~

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Great menu that will appeal to everyone. Sandwiches are fantastic!!! Soup is always wonderful and the service is always top notch. Love this place as it is fantastic to look around and observe the beautiful Oliver House Building that it is residing in.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

I stopped off for lunch when traveling past Toledo on business. The tomato basil soup was good on a chilly afternoon. The house root beer was good, though on the sweet side. The croque monsieur needed the egg... Get the croque madame instead. Good food, quick in and out on a Friday at lunch time, would recommend.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

We met my husband's brother and his wife to introduce them to The Cafe. We all enjoyed the experience. The guys enjoyed their Cuban sandwiches with homemade potato chips. My sister-in-law began with a cup of the chicken and wild rice soup. She said it was so tasty she wished she'd ordered a bowl! She and I each ordered one of the daily sandwich specials...a chicken sandwich with avocado and a roasted red pepper aoili. I was disappointed that the chicken was cut up chunks of dark meat, but other than that it was a winner! (I'm truly a white meat girl!) The homemade chips are a sinful side dish.
My husband and I picked up our evening dessert at the attached pattisserie.

1  Thank retiredandlovingit07

Been to The Cafe? Share your experiences!