“Wonderful Italian Food”

La Scola Italian Grill
Ranked #82 of 730 Restaurants in Toledo
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Celebrating 5 Years!!! 2007~2012 With more than 73 years of combined superior food service in Toledo, we are proud to bring you La Scola Italian Grill. Preparing and serving delicious food has been a significant part of our lives – it's how we were raised. In our ethnic homes, our parents put a lot of love into preparing and sharing large family meals. In fact, the better the food was, the greater the expression of love. The passion they put into preparing meals translated into love – love was food and food was love.This tradition continues at La Scola. Every dish is prepared with the same level of passion found in our families' kitchens. Our guests will enjoy a perfect meal every time. It's just the way we were raised.Welcome to La Scola!Gus Nicolaidis & Moussa Salloukh
Reviewed September 19, 2012

La Scola delivers great Italian food much better than the usual chains that most people frequent. We have never had a bad meal here, and often walk away thinking the meal was better than expected. I think the pizza is their best kept secret, some of the best I've had in the city - a hand tossed crust, flavorful sauce, and various toppings. Also, don't forget to ask for their martini list - it has a number of great drinks you won't be disappointed with.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We went here for our anniversary & were not disappointed. Had the wild mushroom bruschetta which was tasty. Caesar salad was good & not overcome w dressing. Husband had veal piccata & said it was great. The menu listed penne bolognese & were happy to sub spaghetti. It came with a nice veal sauce. Serving size was large & happily took some home.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was my first time to La Scola and I was most certainly be back. I had dinner with 5 others and we were seated right away. This restaurant is a hidden gem over off of Airport Hwy. The service was excellent as was the food. I wish I would have discovered this place long ago. The prices are typical for an environment as such. I had the portabella ravioli. It was amazing. The flavors were just right. I will say the bread that they serve when you first arrive to your table was not the best to my liking. The crust was way to hard to eat. Oh..and I chose the spinach salad for my salad. It came with the most amazing dressing, it had chunks of garlic in it. I also had the carrot cake for dessert. It was awesome; however, if you are not huge into sweets this may not be the route to go as the cream cheese frosting is extremely sugary and rich more than I am used to.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This lovely restaurant on Airport Highway in Toledo, Ohio has great food. Their bruschette is to die for. I often go there just to get the bruschette and a glass of Pinot Grigio (a great combination). Everything is good. I've never had a bad experience there. So, this is my "go to" place for special treats with friends, celebrations, and my own private time.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We began with a crisp Pinot Grigio and a baked brie with pears appetizer. Delicious!
The waitress brought hot bread to our table, along with a plate of dipping oil with fresh herbs and parmesan cheese.
The house salad has Gorgonzola and a light, tasty dressing.
Our entrees were a hit! One friend chose salmon. I had Veal Saltimbocca. My husband and our other friend chose Veal Picatta. We all had fresh green beans rather than the pasta with marinera sauce...had to due to all of the bread we consumed!
We split a slice of carrot cake and a serving of Creme Brulee for dessert. Tasty and nice presentation.h
The service was A+!

My only complaint is that they no longer honor restaurant.com certificates. Restaurant. com will issue me a credit, but I feel if a restaurant participates in a program they should honor what customers purchased.