“Just average - Fine for one-nighter”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Detroit, Michigan
“Just average - Fine for one-nighter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed here for one night when visiting Toledo and wanted something central near everything (the only other two in this area are Ramada and Red Roof; better hotels are further north at/above Alexis or south near Airport Hwy). The location was superb, right off the highway but smack central to the city. But everything else was just... okay. Size of hotel was small, staff was responsive but not special, cleanliness was average, bed was not comfortable but not uncomfortable, breakfast was the typical kind found in all hotels, etc. The room was more spacious than I expected, with a corner desk. It looked clean but I had an allergy attack and the brown bedspreads had stains on them (thankfully colorful enough for me to hope they were childrens' markers and nothing gory). We could hear every loud voice, baby cry, door opening, etc. in the hallway and in other rooms. The surrounding area didn't "feel" that safe, especially with all the warning signs around the hotel about not being responsible if something happens to your car but I think in general Secor is average in terms of safety. The A/C worked great though, and the price was really cheap for the amenities like free internet, breakfast, ironing board, etc.. I might stay here again if I had to crash for the night, but probably not if I was staying a few days or wanted some kind of special vacation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

I spent a night here June 5th as I has a quick in and out trip to Toledo. Normally stay at the Hampton on Alexis but due to the large rate difference for one night( $50) I decided to give it a try. Check was very prompt and very friendly especially as I arrived several hours before 3pm check-in. Room was clean and comfortable, showing it's age but comfortable bed, lots of channels and easy in and out, other than at rush hour. Lots of restaurants in the area and right off the interstate.
Perfect for the single traveler not looking for luxury but a quiet, comfortable place to spend the night. I will stay here again as I am in the Toledo area 6 or 8 times a year for a night or two.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank MikeKFlorida
windsor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2009

My family and I were visiting the Toledo area for a few days, and heard about the Comfort and Clarion Inn hotels in the Westgate area of the city through friends. Chosing the Comfort for economic reasons, we were a little reluctanct, but were very pleasantly surprised!

Having children with us, we asked about a swimming pool or game room, and the very helpful manager at the front desk informed us that we were able to use the facilities at their sister property, the Clarion, convienently located yards away next door.
Our children appreciated having the pool, and game room, and it helped my wife and I to enjoy a couple of days away from home.
We also loved being able to order room service from the kitchen next door and having them bring it to our rooms at the Comfort.

We read some reviews on-line, and weren't sure what to expect, but would like those with children and staying in the area to find out for themselves. We are confident that you will be as happy with your stay as we were.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank jbopery
Waukesha WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2008

We had a large group of people and of course we wanted to stay in the same place. I read the reviews and knew it sounded nasty but I did it anyway. We had to change rooms because they had "sprayed" to freshen the room!! Ya right!!!! We thought we were being poisoned.(confident it was bug spray) After we moved, they put our friends in there!!!! We couldn't wake them up in the morning, I thought they were dead! The carpets were really filthy throughout, they were even ripped in some areas. The doors were dirty , mold in the bathrooms, nothing worked and no one cared. It was even worse than the Comfort Inn that we had reservations at in Erie, PA that they wouldn't honor because we got there at 5:30!!!! Never, never will we stay at a Comfort Inn again (nor will anyone of the 35 people we were with. The Holiday Inn Express next door gave us a great price for a much, much nicer, cleaner room.

• Liked — We were able to leave
  • Disliked — That we had to stay
  • Stayed August 2008
2 Thank Hotham
Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2008

The Comfort Inn hotel on Secor Rd in Toledo was a real disappointment for our family. Our main concern was cleanliness. There were sticky stains on wall and upholstered chair. Carpet was very dirty and very worn, air conditioner unit had sharp edges (danger for small children) non smoking room had distinct smell of smoking. Carpet was ripped. Breakfast area looked worn.
We were shown a second room and when we found it was not much of an improvement we decided we could not stay here. The manager didn't charge us for the first night since we had not unpacked

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank Kimmey60
Fort Wayne, IN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2008

This hotel is considered #3 in Toledo per Tripadvisor. For just a business weekend, I was only looking for a clean place to sleep. I did not find that at the Comfort Inn. I was offered another room, but both rooms had a bad smell, the carpets are stained and torn, the bedding is stained and even the walls had sticky somethings running down them. The first room had damage to the heating/cooling unit, it was broken with sharp plastic pieces that could catch on clothing or hurt a child. The tub has no plug, not that anyone would ever lie down in such a tub. I have not written a negative review until now, but felt that others should know that this is not a clean place to stay. See the pictures and decide for yourself.

Note: For clarity, this hotel does not have a pool, you are sent to a neighboring hotel's pool.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank SJL74
WV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2007

My husband and I stayed one night at the Comfort Inn last week. The price was right (about $62/night), the continental breakfast was quite good (love do-it-yourself belgian waffles!), and the property was clean. The biggest downfall was the bathroom size in our room...the door barely cleared the toilet. No room to move around at all! But if you are just looking for somewhere convenient to the interstate to stay for a night or two...not a bad deal.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple