“Rundown and old.”
Review of Days Inn Toledo

Days Inn Toledo
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Reviewed March 3, 2010

The only reason I would stay at this place again is if I was desperate for a cheap room. Very old, rundown facility. Toilet seat was cracked, chrome was rusty, shower surround was pulling away from the wall. The floor under the beads hadn't been vacuumed in a long time. Seedy neighborhood. Deadbolt didn't work. Pool didn't open until 3pm.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 13, 2009

i would recommend it because of the price, but i would warn my friends that they cannot depend on the information given nor should they go with any other expectations other than having a place to sleep.
my intention was to relax in the pool and pamper myself at a hotel near the amtrack station that would be easy access. My husband passed away 7 days earlier and I thought it would be good to get away and relax instead of making the drive at 4am. that was not what i received upon arrival and instead i feel like i paid all that money for a bed to sleep in when i could have done that for free at home.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Not too much to say about this hotel, Its not classy, its off the highway so theres noise, it does not have a nice surrounding... On arriving there i smelled pot from the room across from us. Passing up another room, we saw the door had looked to be pried open. One Saturday night a young lady came out a room spraying herself with perfume to cover up the stentch of pot, also another woman knocking on my neighbors to buy drugs... terrible...

On a bright note, the front desk clerk was very friendly and professional, my room was clean and had everything i needed, clean sheets, clean towels, clean tub but the toilet was broken, it would just keep running, the free breakfast was not bad, it had hot food, cold drinks, good enough for free food. It also has free Wifi.

We basically needed a room just to sleep and shower, so if your looking for a place to do the same as we did, there ya go, if you dont mind the "traffick". It is not a family resort.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2009

My mother and I stayed at this location with 5 children. At 1 am we were awaken by 6 drunk men who party until 3 am or until the police were called because the staff lady could not do anything. I invited her into our room to listen it the wrestling match going on above us. She simply apolized and left us to enjoy the party for another 2 hours. Next morning after being awake all night I had a very nice cold shower. I guess that was to ensure I was awake from the all nighter. Horrible hotel, and if you do stay here don't order a roll away your child in fall thru all the broken springs!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2009

I stayed at this Days Inn in Feb of 08, overall I had a good stay. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. There is not much to do in the area, I went out for dinner and found nothing but a fast food place about a mile away. The hotel had a restaurant but it closed around 10:00pm, I called down at 9:50 and was told they could not fix anything that close to closing time. I only stayed over night and was gone early the next morning.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2009

Contrary to some of the reviews I read, wife and I had a very good experience at this motel. We found it clean comfortable, and the staff to be courteous and helpful. It is not the newest, but seemed to be well kept inside and out, with very good lighting of the parking lot.
I would look forward to staying here again, and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
daisydaysinn, Operations Manager at Days Inn Toledo, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2009

Thank you so much for your positive review!

Reviewed April 11, 2009

Anybody that give this hotel an overall rating higher than "terrible" is either paid by the hotel itself or is so angry with their stay that they want to take it out on other travelers.

I'll keep this short and I hope it's helpful...

-I got terrible bed bug bites on my legs, neck and hands. It's Easter weekend and I have to keep the collar of my shirt up. Luckily my wife and son weren't affected (or they're not allergic). I'm going to post pictures of the bites if I can.

-This hotel is across the street from an abandoned house and an empty park with dead grass and a rusted out basketball hoop.

-Just adjacent to the hotel is a river flowing with industrial sludge.

-Don't believe any of the pictures.

-The place was built in the late 60s/early 70s and looks it. It's literally depressing even to walk down the halls.

-It smells. Picture that hotel/motel air freshener smell that you're probably familiar with and multiply it by 10. It permeates through your clothes and luggage.

-The breakfast area also smells like something rotten and once you've entered and surveyed the room there's little chance you'd grab something that was available.

-The bathtub had terrible mildew around the tub and the first room (we had to change rooms) had a broken toilet.

-The one redeeming quality is that the woman at the front desk was very sweet. I literally wanted to get her out of there.

-Don't stay here...I should have taken the hint when the guy ahead of me paid for his room in exact change. He actually had to go out to the car to get his fanny pack with change in it for 58 cents.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank intbslt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toledo
Radisson at The University of Toledo
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Northwood
Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel

Been to Days Inn Toledo? Share your experiences!