“Trust Trip Advisor Reviews at this Hotel!”
Review of Days Inn Toledo

Days Inn Toledo
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Toledo
Detroit
“Trust Trip Advisor Reviews at this Hotel!”
Reviewed February 12, 2006

I ignored the bad reviews that this hotel had, please believe all the reviews for this hotel.

When I pulled into the parking lot there were several empty beer bottles and other trash on the ground. There was a stain on the main door when I arrived, as if someone had thrown a liquid on the glass door and staff allowed it to dry. The stain was still there when I checked out Sunday. The hand rails on the stairs were filthy. My room was clean, however the heater did not warm the room. I went out and purchased an additional blanket. The jacuzzi was too small for two people, we tried it out but gave up after about 5 minutes.

I was supposed to be on the "VIP floor" but others on my floor ran up and down the hall several times in the middle of the night, and several loud groups kept disturbing my sleep.

There is nothing nearby except the freeway. I recommend that you choose a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank arakal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed December 14, 2005

In October of this year we were granted a contract to rent the indoor swimming pool for some group gatherings during the winter. Upon inspection, the pool area needed some work but management promised us it would be ready by our first group meeting.

Two weeks before our meeting, we stopped by to check the progress. The pool area had not been cleaned, some patio doors had 1" gaps letting in lots of cold air, the heat in the room did not appear to be working properly as the thermostat was turned up to 85 but it was only 72 degrees in the pool room. The fans on the heaters were actually blowing cold, as opposed to warm air. Also, upon checking the pool temp, it was only 72 degrees ( same as room temp ) so therefore the pool heater was not functioning either. Upon checking the restrooms and locker rooms they were filthy, there were exposed electrical wires in the mens shower, and an old sauna which was unlocked but totally gutted with rotted boards, nails, and dirt fully exposed. Once again, management promised to have this all ready to go within the next two weeks. The womens locker room was a little better but was still quite dirty.

There were only about 4 chairs and less tables in the area around this 1900 sq ft pool so we agreed to purchase and loan the hotel 20 chairs which we dropped off.

Well, within a few days of our first meeting, we had to cancel because the pool heater had not been fixed. Management promised to give them another two weeks and they would replace it if necessary. We re-scheduled our meeting and once again were very disappointed . At this inspection, prior to our meeting, we found nothing had changed so we just cancelled. Once again we were promised that the repairs would be made soon. To this date, (12/15/05) however repairs have never been made. But, we couldn't help but notice that the lighted marque over the hotel still advertised the "heated indoor pool".

During our several visits there, we couldn't help but notice the disrepair of the place. Early on, grass had not been cut in weeks, weeds were taking over the small lawns they did have. Garbage was always overflowing outside containers and nothing around the property appeared "kept". At one point in November, there was no heat in the lobby at all. Desk personnel were wearing coats. As we walked through the hallways, we noticed dirt and candy wrappers that were lying in the halls that were there several weeks and even a month earlier in some areas. This place is definately an eyesore and if they aren't going to maintain it, they should close it. They are not giving DAYS INN corporation any points with this property.

While we are not travelers per se in this instance, we would definately warn those who are, especially with families, that this is NOT a clean, well kept property.

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 28, 2005

Where do I begin? My family and I checked into the Days Inn Toledo and found that our room was very disgusting!
First the patio door's window pane wasn't even attached properly so that you could stick your fingers outside in the top and bottom of the door.
Second the patio door sill had about a 1/2 inch of dirt and broken glass on it from where I guess it had been busted out at one time (it doesn't take very long to vacuum stuff like that up).
Third you couldn't even see out of the dirty window that was bolted shut!
Fourth their was a huge spot of black mold that was covering the ceiling over one of the beds.
Fifth our security lock had been ripped off the door to the hall.
Sixth in the bathroom there was cobwebs and dirt in the corners.
Seventh the air didn't work.
Eighth the TV volume didn't work.
Ninth there was no clock!
Tenth the entire hotel reaked!
Eleventh there was no fire extinguishers in halls!
Wanted to go swimming but was afraid of contracting a disease! I asked the front desk for a iron and it didn't work! I've stayed in alot of Hotels in my life and I think, no I know that it was the worst that I have ever seen! I think that it is very unsafe to have open spaces unto the outside and very unsanitary to have mold and dirt like that (and broken glass) in your room!

• Stayed August 2005
Reviewed July 28, 2005

Man assualting woman in parking lot, punks roaming the halls, stains, carpet, walls ripped, doorway unlockable,....Id felt safer at a fleabag downtown. AVOID!!

Stayed September 2004
Reviewed July 10, 2005

This was the worst hotel I ever stayed in. It needs to be closed, then torn down and rebuilt again. I changed rooms 4 times, the first room had a little party going on, in the hall way, the second room, we woke up to army ants taking over the bathroom, the third room was dirty and slept in, the beds were not made. And the last room I didn't even check because I was angry by then, we did this all in one night, what a horrible experience, the hotel had an old moldy odor, and the pool was dirty, and very unsanitary. I check out immediately, and demanded a full refund. I did get my refund but it was after I threatened the manager. I had my kids with me, my daughter played on the floor, the entire time, I was afraid she might have picked up some germs. The staff looked like something out of a gangster movie, and the housekeepers, didn't even have any shoes on! None of the patio doors worked, half of them locked. The only good experience I had here was checking out. Do not waste your money on this place, it isn't worth 10 dollars a night.

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Huntington, WV
Reviewed June 2, 2005

When we pulled up to check in I was followed by 2 cop cars... apparently there was a domestic dispute inside that ended up requiring the attention of 6 cops and 4 fireman.

When we finally got checked in and arrived at our room, we found that our door was cracked. After seeing the cops and multiple drunks around the hallways, my fiance' was a little freaked to say the least so we went back to the front desk to ask for a new room. Instead of receiving a new room, we got escorted to the room by a very friendly manager who explained "they were breaking in new maids" and apologized for the problem.

Throughout the night we were awakened by slamming doors from the local drunks. Apparently there is no sort of security or curfew regarding the people who get liquored up in the hotel lounge. If you need a good nights sleep, forget it !!

Our room had recently been remodeled so it was actually a very nice room. It was clean and the only complaint we had was the air conditioner. The room was very hot when we arrived and the air conditioner did not do too much to help this situation. We left the air conditioner on full blast all night and by 6 A.M. we still were sleeping with the covers off.

The free breakfast was OK. There wasn't much to much to offer but the lady was nice... she loved her Happy Days on TV Land !! I also liked the biker dude who was drinking Bud Lites at 9:00 A.M. Extremely classy !!

Overall, the staff here was pretty nice. But the experience overall was horrible. I would not stay here again !! Also, I overheard a lady at breakfast saying that she was staying there through Priceline and they told her it was a 3 star. So I would not book through Priceline if I was going to Toledo.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank Fisher111
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2005

On a road trip across the U.S. my boyfriend, 5 yr old son and I stopped at this hotel after midnight for some much needed rest. After registering, we were directed to a side entry near where we had parked our van. A large group of loud, drunk, obnoxious teenagers were hanging around this side entrance, and we were more than a little nervous as we unpacked our belongings from the van. One of the teenagers attempted to gain entry to the hallway behind us once we used our room key in the outer door lock. Once in the room, we found that it was sweltering inside. It was a hot summer night, but the hot water running full board in the bathtub did not help the humidity in the room. It was impossible to turn it off! The heat, humidity and the noise in this room made it uninhabitable, so we approached the desk and reported our displeasure with the room and also made her aware of the hooligans loitering around the side door. The clerk said "Oh, I was looking for whatever room that was in." ??????? and didn't have anything to say regarding the kids. She didn't seem at all concerned about the fact it was late and these thugs were making a lot of noise. Anyways, she exchanged our room key for another. We inspected the new room first and found that it wasn't a "sauna" like the first and then went back to the original room to retrieve our belongings. I suppose we had been "marked" by the teenagers, because when we returned to the new room, there was a used condom hanging on the doorknob. A door behind us opened slightly and some giggling followed. We immediately returned to the front desk to demand our money back as we were not going to stay. We had to wait behind another middle-aged woman who at 1 a.m. was also demanding a refund as she was not staying either because of the thugs roaming the hallway. Poorly maintained. NO security. Clerk failed to take action to improve situation. DRIVE ON BY!!!

• Stayed August 2003
1 Thank Adriansmum
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toledo
#13 of 16 in Toledo
#11 of 16 in Toledo
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Northwood

Been to Days Inn Toledo? Share your experiences!