“filty”

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Toledo
Reviewed April 7, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I very rarely write reviews. This stay however prompted me to.
This is the worst hotel by where I have stayed in the last 30 years including overnight stays in some of the developing countries. I had no option to spend the night here as I was checking in very late at Night.
Stinky and unclean toilets. Bed with strong tobacco smell.
As soon as I got up in the morning, I brushed my teeth and was out in less than 10 minutes.
I do not how Wyndham allows such properties to exist under their brand name.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I had reservation for no-smoking King. Got there, and no King, was given a two double at same rate. Sorry, where I come from Doubles are cheaper, was told "oh no, they are more because of two beds."
After ten minutes of staff laboring to get a first floor double, I was given key to room 110. Went to room, opened door, slamming it into the slider-lock. Nearly had heart attack when guest inside the room started yelling and screaming. Never had that happen before.

Hiked back to front desk, waited another 10 minutes to get a different first floor double, room 122. Overall check-in experience about 1/2 hour.

Room was cold and smelled of mildew. Very noisy heater didn't heat during the hour I watched TV and went to sleep. Did heat overnight, to about 85 degrees.

Breakfast sucked, weak coffee, waffle irons with no shutoff time, no oatmeal, dining room about 62 degrees - but maybe it just felt like that after a night in the sauna.

Bathroom equipped with other person's hair on sink.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2014

If you have read any of my other reviews, you know that I am of the a hotel is just a place to lay your head while you explore a city. However, I feel like I need to give an honest review of this property. I have stayed here before a couple years ago, and it was a nice place. Typical for the area, good price. This time I was shocked!! Firstly the staff at the front desk was not friendly, very condescending and unprofessional upon our arrival. The only reason we found out the pool was out of commission (which was not listed on their site) was when a guest called the front desk and the clerk started to complain to us about people calling about the pool after he had hung up. They did not have the room we reserved because of construction ( which didn't matter) but it was supposed to be one wing of the hotel only. Not a problem. Unfortunately, what we found on our way to the room was another story. The carpets were ripped up, there were holes in the wall, it looked like someone had used a crowbar on the door of our room. The outside door was wide open. The room smelled horrible and the bathroom was filthy. The bed was broken and leaned to one side. We didn't bother to complain, because we do like to make the best of a situation. The location was good, and the price was fair. The desk clerk upon check out was very nice, and the maid did check with us to see if we needed anything.
I think Wyndham needs to take a look at this property and take care of what used to be a nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank LissyAnn_77
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Ok.... So it's not the nicest hotel but you can tell it's been around longer than the casino - so when the decided to plop the casino where they did there are no hotels within walking distance but this would be less than half mile if it were safe (don't recommend because the highway in between). And the price it dead on for the quality of the hotel...so people who are complaining should check other nearby hotels off the highway (which are newer and in a more commercial area) should pick up on the fact those are 3 times more the price for a reason so when you pick the hotel which is the closest to the casino and only one in the area for such a great price you shouldn't be that disappointed that it's not the Hilton. Also the last few times I've stayed I know they are renovating. Probably because eventually other hotel properties will pop up in that area and they will need to compete. Don't be mad at a hotel that's been there for a long time then a casino decides to come along and is trying to accommodate their customers to the clientele they want. If you got money to spare and can afford a fancy hotel that's a mile or two further away, go for it. If you're one that's not in the room all that much and want to spend your money at the casino then this is perfect hotel. They do offer shuttle during certain times also. So I think they are trying considering no one probably cared to use them much long before the casino came along.

Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toledo
Red Roof Inn Toledo - University
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Northwood
#11 of 17 in Toledo

Been to Days Inn Toledo? Share your experiences!