Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have attempted to interfere with traveler reviews and/or the Popularity Index for this property. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveler reviews.

“weekend stay for birthday”
Review of Days Inn Toledo

Days Inn Toledo
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Toledo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Alma, Michigan
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have stayed at different Days Inn and they were nice. This one was so nasty I wanted to leave but it was late and the kids needed to get some sleep. When I booked it I asked if they had a pool and if it worked they said yes. We got there and told me the pool was closed. Got to the room it was just nasty, it had a bad odor, had holes in the wall, the bathroom door was dirty you could see finger prints clear as day. Most of the tv channels would not come in and if they did it cut out all the time. My family could not wait till we left.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Do not stay here. Ever.

My wife and I stayed here on our way through, as we were heading to Hartford, CT. As others have said, the front desk person, whose name I did not get, was very helpful and happy to see us. Other than that, the place was horrible.

There were about a dozen dead bugs on our bathroom floor. Okay, not a HUGE deal (I guess) because they were dead, but when I dropped something of mine on the floor, I saw a pair of someone else's socks underneath one of the chairs in the room. Okay, THAT is a huge deal. The sliding door to our balcony was unlocked when we got there and the whole place just felt kind of dirty. When I went to take a shower the next morning (and I felt like I needed one), the hot water lasted about one minute before going completely cold.

When I checked out the next morning, I spoke to a different desk clerk than when I checked in and he basically could not have cared one way or the other about the bugs and the socks. He said he would speak to housekeeping, but I never saw any of the housekeeping staff. Ever.

Breakfast, if you can call it that, was poorly lit, the room felt dirty, and whoever had set up the waffle maker had put the metal guard on it upside down, so you couldn't actually flip the maker over to make a waffle. It took myself and another guest a couple of minutes to figure out how to get the waffle maker and the toaster cords unhooked from the metal guard, flip the guard over, and plug everything back in, because there was no one from the hotel in the breakfast area.

I'm just glad we had packed our own food and were using the microwave to make our own dinner.

Room Tip: If nothing else, I don't think this hotel is ADA compliant. Our room was on the second floor an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Norwalk
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Run down, A/C did not cool the hotel properly, breakfast was not up to par, room cleanliness not what you would expect to be normal

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The place is conveniently located, however it needs renovations. Guest were rude and nobody told them to be quieter at 3 in the morning. There was almost no breakfast left and the coffee was below average. The bathroom was barely clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toledo
#13 of 17 in Toledo
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Northwood
#10 of 17 in Toledo

Been to Days Inn Toledo? Share your experiences!