“Excellent Stop on I75”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tipp City
Springfield, Ohio
“Excellent Stop on I75”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife and I needed to get away from home for a night. We were booking a night at a couples hotel with an in-suite pool & hot tub... but life happened and we found that we could not leave early enough in the day to make it worthwhile. As an IHG gold elite member that also enjoys an excellent travel discount with the brand through my company, I usually look for one of their hotels when travelling. This location was about 30 minutes from home and had an "executive jacuzzi suite." I wasn't expecting anything great... but was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel was very clean and well kept. Additionally, the one member of the staff that I encountered was very courteous and displayed excellent customer care. The room was very spacious for the brand and immaculate in upkeep. The hotel was quiet and we did not hear any other guests or noise from other rooms during our stay. Plus, they had that wonderful pancake machine as part of their continental breakfast,

This location was a true surprise and I would recommend it to anyone travelling north or south on I75 looking for lodging. This will be a spot I keep in mind when I want to take my kids for any ivernught close to but away from home (pool time in the winter).

Room Tip: The executive jacuzzi suite is great and worth the small upcharge from a standard room!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kellie T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Nate,

Thank you so much the great review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to make your original plans, but I am very happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by our hotel. The breakfast is usually a big hit, especially the pancake machine. Thank you again for the wonderful review of our hotel, I will share your kind words with our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Arkansas
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay here. As others have said, the staff here is friendly and does a great job. I hope the management appreciates the staff here because they are very warm and welcoming. From housekeeping to the front desk, we we're truly greeted as guests of the hotel. Rooms were large and clean, and beds had a choice of pillows. They had a nice small workout room with nice machines in good order. Nothing to complain about here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Allison S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear John,

Thank you so much for the kind review of our hotel and staff. I am so happy to hear that our staff here in Tipp City was able to wow you. We really do value and appreciate our staff, from their friendly dispositions and attentiveness to detail. Thank you again for the wonderful review!
Jenison, Michigan
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed here one night for business, great experience. It is very close the the freeway, a fairly quiet area. You can walk to a gas station if need be. The downtown area is just on the other side of the freeway with great old architechture and some wonderful locally owned restaurants. If you want fast food, head north 4 miles to Troy. Standard breakfast with hot and cold choices, very large breakfast seating area. I have written before about HIE and how much I love the smell in their lobby. I was pleased that this one also has it and not just in the main lobby but the wing entrances as well. It seems the soap and shampoo etc. in the rooms is the same scent. My room was very clean, with a comfortable bed, chair, tv, fridge, etc. all the usuals. Good price also. Great place to stop and have a lovely dinner downtown and get some rest.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Allison S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Megan,

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels.
Toronto
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We checked in late one night, needing to get off I75 and rest. Hotel staff were friendly, rooms clean, bathroom very clean and breakfast the next morning was HIE standard fare. Note that there are not many non-fast food spots to eat nearby, especially after 10 pm at night!

Stayed January 2014
Allison S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our hotel. Our staff strives to provide quality service for all aspects of the guest experience. We are glad that you had an enjoyable experience. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out this review of our hotel.
St. Pete Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I arrived on September 9th at 10:00 PM with our 2 year old grandson. Upon arrival we were greeted with a smiling, helpful hotel representative. We were in room 209, which had a small kitchenette complete with microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot. It also had a nice seating area with sofa and table near the bed area with a nice television, view is of the interstate and parking lot. This view allowed our grandson entertainment while we were getting ready everyday.
Our out of town guests, our son and his new bride all enjoyed their accommodations and the convenience to restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, airport and interstate.
The shuttle to and from Airport and Cedar Springs Pavilion was a bonus for the wedding party and guests. Brian was excellent, great personality, and tour guide!!

The hotel breakfast beats most higher end hotels!

Many thanks to Allison, Brian, Magda, Brandi, Yasmine, Bill, Kellie & Mary!!!!
See you next time we come to visit our Ohio based family.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are closest to pool, dining, smoking, business center, bathrooms, etc. The breakfast...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mauibabe70
Allison S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

This is such a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your kind words. We are so happy to hear that you were really able to enjoy yourself during what can sometimes be a very stressful event. We try our very hardest to accomodate wedding groups, as we do have several wedding venues close by. The shuttle really is a plus in addition to our other amenities. I am going to pass your kind words along to all of our staff here at the Holiday Inn Express in Tipp City. We hope that next time you are in area you will stop and stay with us.
Rocky Mount, Virginia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My first stay at this facility was truly amazing. This is the very best of the hotels in Tipp City, Ohio area. I heard this from many of the customers I was calling on around that area. I spoke with several of the guest and all said to me this is the top of the line. Kellie Tomlinson and her staff were all great and extremely helpful during my stay. I would recommend this hotel highly, but I would ask for a room as far away from I-75 as I could get. The road noise at night carries and can be annoying at times. Ask for a room on the even side away from the Interstate. My room was like an apartment and very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Allison S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear JEB,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel and staff. We always try to go above and beyond to meet our guests needs. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here in Tipp City. Many of our guests do come back year after year, and we hope that you will come back as well. I do apologize if you had a room on the front side of the hotel, and are a light sleeper. Should you stay here again,we will gladly honor a request for a room on the backside of the hotel. Again thank you for taking the time to complete this review of our hotel.
Toms River
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Real nice Holiday Inn. Front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful and they directed me to a restaurant, Harrisons, very good food and reasonable too. Tipp city is a real nice area. Would def return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Allison S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear John H,

Thanks for the wonderful review, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay. Our front desk staff is very informed on the best places to go here in Tipp City, we are very glad you enjoyed dinner at Harrisons. We hope to see you again if business brings you our way again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tipp City
#3 of 9 in Troy
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton Troy

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tipp City? Share your experiences!