“Extremely Poor Customer Service From Staff & Manager”

La Quinta Inn & Suites, Dayton North - Tipp City
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tipp City
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Previous LaQuinta stays ( at other locations ) were positive. This one , howerever, anything but. Check in person rude, rude rude. I had reserved 2 rms for 2 nights, confirmed with my credit crd. Called hotel on day of arrival to remind them that we would be arriving late (around 11:00 pm) . Was told , "No Problem" Upon arrival , clerk took my id & ccrd and thumped on pc keyboard for 10 minutes or so making horrible faces all the while. I asked her if there was a problem, & she replied that there was no problem with my card but that the people who work the earlier shift, "Don't know what they are doing!" Several more minutes went by & my business partner finally asked, "Do you have rooms available or not?" The clerk then replied, "I don't need you giving me attitude!" I am trying to help you!." She then stated that our two rooms showed available & occupied at the same time. She told us that she had to physically check the rooms to make sure they were vacant. My partner then said that we were not going to wait another 20 minutes while she did that & the woman then threw the keys at us & said, "fine, check them yourself!" Luckily they were vacant & we didn't walk in on someone. Before we went to our rooms, I asked the woman for the name & number of her supervisor as I intended to inform him/her of the terrible service she had just provided. She threw me his business card & said "Fine, you have fun with that, Sweetie!" I called Laquintas's customer service number immediately after closing the door behind me and was told that the manager would be there the next morning. I went to the front desk the next morning and spoke with the manager, relating our unpleasant experience from the prior evening. I told him that we were checking out & would take a chance on finding other accomadations, rather than stay another night. I told him that I wanted my money back because of the terrible experience. He refused. He agreed to refund 1/2 & checked me out right then & there. No apology, no trying to make things right,...NOTHING! It suddenly became clear why the staff could so freely provide such poor service. Must be standard practice at this facility. I have reported thie incident to LaQuinta's corporated headquarters prior to writing this . Hopefully they consider good customer service more important than the personnel at the Tipp City location do. On top of the rude service, the continental breakfast was not good either. No coffee, waffle maker dirty, (my waffle stuck and I could not remove it from the iron), biscuits so hard you could use them as hockey pucks. My bed was hard as a rock & my partners room had black mold in the bathroom. Avoid this poorly run hotel. If I could rate the service a ZERO, I certainly would!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Debra B

Reviewed May 16, 2012

The LaQuinta we stayed at in Tipp City (near Dayton, Ohio) was clean, comfortable and very affordable! It was easy to find; right off the expressway. The breakfast in the morning was satisfying.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2012

La Quinta hotels are great places for long or short stay. The accomadations always clean and neat. The facilities are never looking like a slum like some places we have stayed at in the past. La Quinta has good and healthy food at breakfast and the staff is usually very friendly. We got stuck in the elevator but the manager was on the elevator also so we did not have to report it and the elevator did start up again. I did decide to use the stairway when we left. Overall this is a nice place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
PCB, FL
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have stayed several times the last couple of years. The LaQuinta in Tipp City OH, the rooms are always clean and staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Dirty- opened sofa bed to find dirty sheets
Disrepair- holes in wall where mirror used to be
Dingy-room smelled musty
Disappointed- Don't stay here

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank DWDWJW
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed on a Monday and were so pleased that we stayed the following Sunday on the way home. We arrived in the middle of a terrible storm, kids were all over the lobby, and I thought I had made a mistake. However, once in our room, it was quiet and comfortable. No more of those slippery bedspreads; they use the duvet idea, where everything on the bed is clean when you get in. Frig, coffee pot, ironing board and iron come with with room. Very nice night.

On our return drive home, we decided to stay there again and even asked for the same room. The back side of the hotel faces grass, and you do not even know you are off the interstate. When we left Tuesday morning, I left a message for the maid that the shower curtain liner was ripped. In its place Monday was a brand new liner.

It was more than worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank PossumManor
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed at the LaQuinta in the Dayton area on our way to the National Museum of the Air Force. It fully met our needs and expectations. Check in was efficient, and front desk personnel were friendly. The room was clean and equipped with hair dryer and iron/ironing board. Breakfast was as advertised, with a waffle maker. It also had hard-boiled eggs and sausage gravy. We enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DadRob

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites, Dayton North - Tipp City? Share your experiences!