“Good stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Tiffin
Cleveland
“Good stay”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Hampton one night and thought it was a good hotel.

The staff were great. I arranged a block ahead of time and had a very easy and helpful conversation with the front desk. We arrived, checked in and had zero problems.

The rooms were a bit larger than many Hamptons we have visited, however the rooms had double beds. The beds were relatively comfortable, but small. The rooms also did not have with a refrigerator, which we generally make good use of when it is available.

The breakfast was plentiful and refreshed quickly. We shared the breakfast area with several groups and did not have any problems.

We also ate dinner next door. It was crowded, but low cost and folks thought it was very convienent! Hampton guests also receive a 10% discount, which is a good perk as well.

I would recommend this Hampton. I thought the staff, location and cleanliness make the Tiffin Hampton a good choice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hampton2492, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tiffin, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here in Tiffin at our Hampton.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay here! When visiting Tiffin in the future we would love to be your hotel of choice.

Please travel safely and know that we do love having you here....

Respectfully,

Gina Russo, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Average hotel on pretty much all fronts, but getting a jetted tub room for less than $80 moves it up a notch. Checked in quickly and noisy birthday party in the conf. rooms was kept in check. The restaurant next door is no good, you're better off heading down the road a bit to the chains. Overall good room for the price and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about our hotel...

We certainly try to make all our guest's stays enjoyable... I hope that when you visit Tiffin again, that you allow us to accommodate you!

Travel Safely... and thank you for staying with us...

Respectfully,

Gina Russo, General Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The hotel facility and staff were excellent. I always thought of Hampton Inns as low budget run down hotels, but this was my first real stay and I was quite impressed. Much nicer than some of the Doubletree and Embassy Suites I have stayed at lately. Tiffin isn't exactly a hotspot, but if you must stay in town I would recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
How kind of you to take the time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very pleased that your stay with us was pleasant. We only can get better with our guest comments. I will pass this on to my staff, who can see how important their attitude and professionalism is to all who enter our doors... Come see us again, we are going to be fantabulous with our new lobby renovation... Travel Safely!!

Respectfully,,, Gina Russo
Lancaster
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I arrived at this hotel with a wedding party of approximately 12 people. Our problem began after our first night stay. In one of the rooms, the groom, my husband, and another groomsman stayed together. All three of their credit cards were originally charged in full for the full cost of the room. I had requested the night prior to if each individual could be charged for 1/3 of the room and they stated this was not a problem. Due to the triple charge of the room (and at an incorrect rate of $136.64 rather than $118.82) three of us attempted to work with the staff member working at this time for approximately one hour trying to resolve the situation.

The staff member contacted the manager (Gina Russo) at that hotel at her home, handed me the phone, and asked that I explain the problem to her- this was incredibly unprofessional! Nothing was resolved, and the staff could not offer any explanation, other than stating that the charges would be dropped in 3-5 days. After contacting our bank, I also discovered that we were charged for our second night stay (which was not occurring until late that night). This charge was for $151.52, again an incorrect rate and even before our stay! One of the groomsmen who was not even staying in our room was charged for our room as well. Again, no explanation was made whatsoever. We were all late arriving to the church due to the problems, and this company charged a total of $712.96 (136.64x 3 + 151.52x 2) worth of hotel rooms for two rooms, which should have cost only $237.64 ($118.82x 2).

I requested correct documentation from the hotel stating what we would actually be charged, as they stated these charges were only considered "pending". The response from this Hampton Inn was that they were unable to provide me this information and I should just contact their office if the charges did not correct themselves. My husband contacted the Tiffin Hampton Inn and spoke with Gina Russo. Gina was conveniently unable to take his call several times that day. When he was able to connect with her successfully her response to my husbands inquiry regarding our account was "If your having issues with money being pulled from your account, that is between you and your bank. I don't know what you want me to do. This has been going on for four days". This is the type of customer service that the MANAGER at this location represents. As stated previously, several individuals were involved in this chaos, all of which have separate bank accounts from different banking companies. Obviously there is a common denominator in this, the Hampton Inn in Tiffin, Ohio.

Seventy-two hours after our stay, the 1/3 of the bill was taken from our account for the first nights stay and the $118.82 for the second night was dropped. One day later, this company went back into our account and charged the $118.82. This was the correct total, however, my husband and I did not give permission for our bank account to be accessed at The Hampton Inn's convenience. How do we know that we can trust the Hampton Inn with our credit card information in the future?

As young adults (all individuals charged were 22-30, some with families), and we do not have an extra $100-$200 to be "pending" in our bank accounts. Many of the 12 individuals traveled at least 2 hours (some from Wisconsin and Pennsylvania) to trust this hotel to provide a safe and comfortable environment for us all to stay. It is very obvious that the Hampton Inn in Tiffin, Ohio had little desire to make their customers happy, or even to make a mistake right. I understand that mistakes happen and the group of individuals that were a part of this wedding party were very patient with the situation. The experience at this hotel is the worst customer service that I have ever experienced with any company (restaurants, shopping locations, hotels, etc.). Training in billing and reservations is very much needed at the Tiffin, Ohio location. I will not recommend this specific hotel to anyone in the future and I am certain that any upper management in the Hampton Inn company that saw how this hotel was run would be ashamed and embarrassed. What a horrible representation of the Hampton Inn. I would hope that the Hampton Inn would be willing to credit the 100% guarantee policy considering this awful experience.

There are two other hotels located in Tiffin- take advantage of them!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank April W
Hampton2492, Manager at Hampton Inn Tiffin, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Most all hotels require a credit card at check in, and of course upon making the initial reservation. We here at Hampton Tiffin are noted for our outstanding customer service. There are times when guests do not understand billing, and we are most willing to explain it to them. Not many hotels have managers that will speak to guests on their time off in order to explain policy. I find it unfortunate that this guest did not understand explanation through the multitude of calls made. For all travelers out there, please know that there is a definite difference in authorization and actual billing. This particular case, not one person was over-billed. Authorizations and when they are dropped are always up to the bank. We have always offered to call the bank directly and have the authorization dropped by next day. Every single person at this Hilton Brand Property is trained well in customer satisfaction, and that is why management was called at home when not at the hotel. I am sorry that this guest feels that we did not handle her situation properly.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I would give this "typical" Hampton Inn a 3.5. Clean room, comfortable bed. No granite in bathroom, just formica. Staff at check inn was very helpful but over tasked - waited in a long line at as there was only one person working. Originally had a jetted tub room - this is NOT a jacuzzi room, just a plain tub with jets.

Room Tip: Ate at TJ Willies at the mall. We were adviased that this was the best in the area - good food at a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton2492, Manager at Hampton Inn Tiffin, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Milltravler: Thank you for your comments on our hotel. We are thrilled that you stayed with us on your trip into Tiffin. Our hotel is known for it's cleanliness, and we are very proud of that. We are in the midst of many upgrades being that we are 11 years young. Hampton wants you to be able to expect to walk into each of our hotels and expect the Typical Hampton Way. I am glad that you were greeted by our front desk staff in a friendly manner, we work hard on that. Sometimes they can get busy, and I apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused you. We have two types of rooms that I think are in question here... We do certainly have a jetted tub room, and then also a jacuzzi room. I wish I knew which room you were actually in. There are some rooms with a king bed and jetted tub in the bathroom, and then the jacuzzi room with the tub right next to the bed. My apologies for any misunderstandings... Travel safely, and come see us again. We do love having you here!!

Respectfully, Gina Russo, GM
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 25, 2012

GREAT HOTEL! The room was great, clean and the personal service was EXCELLENT! We never had the front desk call our room and asked if we were pleased with everything!!!!!
You would be very please if you stay here! One issue......the walls and floors are thin. Durning our stay, we could hear the guest above us and in the hall. If you plan to stay in the room for a length of time, I recommend you stay on the top floor. We only used the room for sleep so it was fine. Another issue was finding the hotel. We felt like the hotel was in a remote part of Tiffin. We were unable to bring up the location on our GPS and we had three different types of GPS! Since our visit I see they have posted the full address of the hotel. Previously they had the abbreavate versions. We asked for directions and our stay was EXCELLENT!

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hampton2492, Manager at Hampton Inn Tiffin, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
I am so personally very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come see us again...

Very kind of you to take time out of your day to review our hotel.....

Gina Russo
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere created by the hotel's employees is very pleasant.

• Stayed February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiffin
Holiday Inn Express Tiffin
TownePlace Suites Findlay
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 10 in Fremont

Been to Hampton Inn Tiffin? Share your experiences!